Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My hubby has depression

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:45 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 152 Total Views
Hi I am Jeanne have been with my husband nearly 10 years and he has been depressed on and off during all that time. He has also been on and off anti-depressants, he is currently on them at the moment.

It can be very difficult at times living with him as you never know what mood he is going to be in. Also he is addicted to pain killers and anxiety tablets. I have tried speaking to him about this but he doesn't really listen.

I wanted to join this forum to have the chance to be in touch with others who are going through depression or their partners are.
by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Krystina_Grant
by Head Admin on May. 8, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Welcome to the group! Sorry your husband has so many issues. :-( Unforunately the dependency issues aren't going to change until he's ready for it to change. But it's good to try to understand the depression. Does he have a lot of anger too?

Photobucket

Jeanne61
by New Member on May. 9, 2012 at 1:56 AM
Hi thanks very much for your reply. He does have some anger but not that much. I think because he is taking anxiety tablets which make him very sleepy it probably keeps the anger at bay, as he is too dopey to get angry if that makes sense?

I do try and be supportive but it isn't easy at times. I do understand depression as my own Dad suffered with it whilst I was growing up, he's no longer around but I guess the experience of what he was like/what he went through does make me more understanding of my husband.

If you can give me any advice any time I would appreciate it, thanks.

Jeanne
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)