Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduce yourself

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 11:39 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 284 Total Views

Welcome and thanks for joining! Please take a few minutes to say a few things about yourself. I'll go first

My name is Cierra i'm a 21 year old single mom to a nearly 3 year old boy. I diagnosis is bipolar disorder w/ psychotic features, severe anxiety, bpd, and paranoia. I used to hide in fear of what others thought about me so i never told a sole besides family my diagnosis, now i've learned to be open about it because there are plenty other people out there that have 1 or many things in common with me.

by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KittyMallory
by Group Owner on Apr. 16, 2009 at 5:07 PM

Hi! My name is Kitty. I am 39 years old and a single mother of two great kids. My son is 17 and my daughter is 11. I was diagnosed with a-typical bipolar II, general anxiety disorder and panic disorder. I have even dealt with some PTSD. When I was 31 before I was correctly diagnosed, having been diagnosed with just depression for most of my life to that point. So depression is the biggest component I struggle with. Though I have had my moments of hypomania and way too many mixed states (a combo of up and down symptoms at the same time). I tell a lot of people what I have because whatever they expect for someone who is bipolar, it's not me! And I too find that more people out there have something in common with me, whether it's depression or bipolar or what . . . than people who don't.

I won't say I know everything about this field, because I don't. But I do know a few things having been in the mental health community for so long. I look forward to this being a place for me that I am able to GET and GIVE support.

Hugz!

Kitty

brandym85
by on Apr. 23, 2009 at 3:45 PM

My name is Brandy and Im a 23 year old married momma of 2.  I  have been living with bi-polar now for about 7 years.  Its very hard for me to deal with, and I just need to vent without being judged or "crazy"
 Its very hard for my at home with my husband, because he grew up in a quiet home, his mom doesnt yell or get mad, and then hes living with me and he always hears the yelling and screaming when I get into my moods.  I am confused alot on why I feel the way that I do, and also about why I can not help the way I feel.  I wish I could be "Normal" and have a happier home.

KittyMallory
by Group Owner on Apr. 23, 2009 at 5:36 PM

Feel free to come vent here anytime. I understand about the moodswings. There are just times it drives me crazy and I wish I could make them stop!!

Are you on any medications at the moment?

Kitty

=^..^=

Sharon300
by on May. 26, 2009 at 2:44 AM

Hi, my name is Sharon. I am 35 with a 5 year ol daughter Alayna and a 9 year old daughter, Jordon. I am bipolar, I have anxiety and panic attacks. I was the kind of person that really trie to hide it, and swore the doctor made a mistake. I had a episode three weeks ago that opened my eyes and made me realise I am bipolar. I have been dealing with this since I have been 16. On and off meds. I am now on my meds, I will not quit taking them anymore. I am hoping to talk to people that understands me.

KittyMallory
by Group Owner on Jun. 1, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Hey Sharon!

Welcome to the group! I'm sorry you've been suffering so much AND I am so sorry that I haven't welcomed you since you've written. I have a few of my own things going on. I'm glad you made the commitment to stay on your meds though. That's a very good thing.

Hugz!

Kitty

=^..^=

I REJECT Your Reality and Substitute My Own!

=^..^=

EcofriendlyMom
by New Member on Jun. 30, 2009 at 1:46 AM

Hi!  My name is Niki.  I have depression and anxiety disorder.  (I also have hyperthyroidism which helps to contribute to everything if I don't keep the numbers in check with the meds).  I have 3 children: Tony-8, Prudence-4, and Guinevere-15mos.  Looking back on my life, I have had problems with depression since I was about 7yrs old.  Throughout my life I have attempted suicide 5 times-the most recent in Jan of this year.   After that I finally decided it was time to try a different psychologist (with the helpofmy husband).  I really like her, which is good.  I have accepted my disease and try like hell to not be embarrased anymore.  In fact my entire family (including cousins) know I suffer from this.  My husband is a wonderful person and he tries to understands what I am going through.  I try to talk open to him and he reads books and does all kinds of research, this has helped alot.  I have issues with my mother (from earlier in life) that I have never resolved, he helps by talking openingly with her about what I am going through, b/c no matter who I have told I cannot talk freely with her.  Anyway, sorry its so long.  I can't wait to get to know everyone better.  I have hard times starting conversations with people so bear with me and I will try.

KittyMallory
by Group Owner on Jun. 30, 2009 at 4:54 AM

Hey Niki and welcome to the group! It's been quiet but if and when you're up to it go ahead and vent. If not I'll try to post topics to answer to and feel free to answer anything that's already up!

Hugs!

Kitty

=^..^=

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

OldnWiseMom
by on Sep. 18, 2009 at 3:33 PM

Hi!  I just joined this group, and am glad to see it here on cm, altho it looks like no one has posted for a while.

My name is Wanda, and I have 6 children, all grown except teenage twin sons, 16yo.

I have been depressed all my life.  Even as a little girl, I was suicidal.  So, I have had lots of struggles with major depression, agoraphobia, panic attacks, and PTSD. 

So, I am glad this group is here.  I need all the support I can get.  My new cm friends have really helped me thru a lot already--with understanding, empathy, and love, virtual hugs, and prayers.  Kindness goes a long way in my book.  You can count on me to listen and to care.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better! 

God bless you!  little flower

KittyMallory
by Group Owner on Sep. 18, 2009 at 5:15 PM

Welcome to the group! We're glad to have you here! :-)

Hugs!!

Kitty

=^..^=

Krystina_Grant
by Head Admin on Feb. 17, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Hi! My name is Krystina. I'm a siingle mom of two great kids. My son Jordan is 20 years old and my daughter Cassie is 14. I am also happily divorced for over a decade now and I'm also the momma of a furbaby - a fluffy, mostly white calico kitty named Karissa.

I also deal with Bipolar II, General Anxiety and Panic Disorder and am on several medications. I also see a therapist twice a month.

I'm glad to be here and hopefully we can get things moving again!

Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)