Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hardest question in interviews

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:09 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 195 Total Views

my hardest questions are: How would you describe yourself ?? What is you best and worst qualities??  I was working for a year and half at a co. and now they have let me go due to I was not meeting the sales goals (telemarketing co.) I am having a hard time finding work and due to the co I work for prior I am not able to get unemployment. I am single divorced mom with cancer and still able to work and trying to support 2 kids.  I had to move out of my apartment and into my folks house. 

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
rkoloms
by Robin in Chicago on Jul. 9, 2011 at 7:45 AM

I am so sorry that you are having such a difficult time. It sounds like you were hired as an independent contractor, rather than an employee; companies should not be allowed to do this. If you were a 1099 employee, and you were going into their office everyday, doing their work, then you should have been a W2 employee, and you can make a case to the IRS to get reclassified, and qualify for unemployment compensation. 

Even without qualifying for UE, you can still take advantage of the skills training they offer. I would also look into fnancial aid for school, and take a few classes at a community college. If you take Microsoft office (at the minimum Word, Excel and PowerPoint), and one or two bookkeeping classes, you will have great skills to help you move forward with a career.

It is ok to ask people who love you to help you describe yourself. How does your best friend describe you? Dependable, loyal, hard working, big-hearted? Ask your kids, too. They sometimes have remarkable insight.

Best qualities, again, ask for input

Worst qualities. You have two options. You can turn a negative to a positive: I tend to be hyperfocused with tight deadlines and ignore everyone around me. Or, you can use humor: My biggest weakness is chocolate.

CrazyMammaOf4
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 1:16 AM

I've heard the hardest question to answer is the worst quality one! I've also heard the best way to answer it is to say your worst quality is being to hard on yourself when a goal or deadline is not met. Personally I think the chocolate angle is hilarious! My weekness too! ;p

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)