Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SO...where should we look for jobs?

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 8:28 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 229 Total Views

Poll

Question: What state?

Options:

Florida

Texas

OTHER, comment below...

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 3

View Results

well...really look into jobs and then MOVE LOL

My husband graduates in December with his B.S. in Criminology and Psychology, yay finally...after having to transfer colleges 3 times after this lovely economy tanked and we had to move around between states and relatives...

anyway...

we are hoping to move and have a fresh start...SPRING of 2013

I also have a B.S. in criminology and post-grad in special ed and graduate credits in criminology...which doesn't mean much without experience...but anywhoo

We are looking into Texas and Florida...both places I briefly lived in my childhood and teen years, yes I KNOW they are 'special' in their own unique way c; ...and they use to have the largest budgets and largest number of criminal justice personnel...

with the economy alot of places are struggling and laying off....

So do me a favor...SELL YOUR STATE

Help us narrow our search...NO BASHING but comedic comments are welcome C;

by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ContraryKari
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 9:06 PM

BUMP!

ContraryKari
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 9:07 PM

no one has an opinion?

rkoloms
by Robin in Chicago on Mar. 19, 2012 at 8:42 AM

I would find a job first, and then move. Hopefully, one of you will find a position with relocation benefits.

I am a huge fan of Chicago; you can easily live without a car, and the economy and job picture are improving. 

I know two people with criminal justice degrees; one has a masters, and does marketing for small medical offices; the other has a PHD, an d teaches high school science. 

All I can say is: research, research, research! Talk to professors, network with industry professions, google for hours.

Robin in Chicago

nightowlshan
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 5:47 PM
I've never had the opportunity to live/work in either state. As someone that's moved for work before, I would go with the above posters advice-- research tons. Look at job markets now, check housing areas, etc, as places can change quite a bit.

Best of luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)