Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know if this is a scam?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 6:04 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 229 Total Views
Ok so I got a call from Bankers Life and Causalty asking for me to come in for an interview. My friend told me that it's a scam and to google it. I did and saw some negative comments stating that it is in fact a scam. But then my husband and his mom who works in a bank said that no its a well known insurance company and that it's probably not a scam. The interview is Friday and I don't want to waste time and money of its bogus. Anyone know anything about this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
JOSI7212
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Hi there saw your post and had to let you know this I think it is.  I went on an interview (2/3) with this company the first was a group of several people and rep, the second a selected few from first interview> at this presentation we were told of how the pay scale works and then a 1 on 1 with rep who stated that at the third interview have debit card/ credit card ready to pay them 436.00 for training, that you would get back after six months. It was not worth it because you are paid in advance for work not done (if you do not make the quota you could owe the company).  Oh did I mention you would be in the field 4 days a week. I have been in the banking field for several years also and this is not the same.

KimmisMom
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 6:28 PM
Hmm. I don't get how my MIL and husband think that it's legit then. She said everyone there at the bank has heard of the place and that it's not a scam. But I just keep hearing negative things. Ugh it's just so frustrating though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rkoloms
by Robin in Chicago on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:04 AM

My guess is that is like Primerica from Citibank. Not a scam, but a difficult selling position, paying commission only, with income paid on a 1099, and no benefits

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)