• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

still dont know anyone

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:09 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 484 Total Views

hello ladies! ive moved to sd in feb n still havent made any friends.lol. im lame,i know. but im 25 yrs old, i have 2 little girls 5yrs an ganna b 2 in november. my husband is in the navy, so he works all day,we really mostly only see em on weekends. but most likely soon, he will b deployed in sep. so we will b alone in sd. but anyways! would like to meet some u ladies one these days out here! we live off balboa and clairemont dr. im pretty down to earth, at least i think so.lol. i moved from the valley, so thats where all my fam n friends r. not THAT far, but still to far for a drive back n forth everyday,sometimes even once a week.

my husband says this websites like a dating service site,lol. so here i am ladies!anyone interested in being my friend!?lol

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raezilla
by New Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 5:43 AM

Nice to "meet" you :)   I live in North County but I've lived in the area almost two years and I still hardly know anyone!  I moved from down from Burbank.  It sure is nice to be near the beach!  I am still pretty far from you but much closer than LA.  Do you live on Base?  I would think there'd be lot's of nice Navy wives to meet there. 

Life can be so lonely when you move around! I'm originally from the east coast, so I've been struggling with that for awhile.  It's hard to meet people at our age (I'm 27). 

gwen407
by New Member on Jun. 29, 2010 at 12:20 AM

Hello! my name is wendy i live in oceanside but my husband works down in SD off of Aero Dr. i drive down there every so often so his co-workers can see our 2 year old daughter. maybe we can meet up one day. i usually go on saturday because i work mon-fri but sometimes if i get the day off we go down there mid week.

MayaRuby
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 4:07 AM

Hey, I live in your area.  Actually we are moving this weekend to a house off of Clairemont Drive, near the Clairemont Town square but we have lived in the Clairemont area for years now.  I'll let you know when we are settled in the new place and we should meet up at the park or something!  I have a 3 1/2 year old and a 18 month old.  My name is Jennifer and I'm 29, been married for 7 years. 

carmensmamma
by on Jul. 2, 2010 at 6:19 PM

naw i dnt live on base. the list was way too long. we live off balboa and clairemont dr. i havent met any navy wives.lol. n event he ppls my husband befriends r all single. guess we rnt in the right areas.lol. when i lived in riverside county i met TONS of military wives!! but i havent met any here. n if i do, they dnt have kids. so they dnt feel my pain.lol. jk. im 25 yrs old.im a youngin, but still, mid 20's, OH LORD!!lol

kanakake
by New Member on Jul. 2, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Hi, Im Candace im 24, I have 2 daughters ages 2.5yo and a 3 month old. I live in National City. Hubby is Navy also. I joined a few groups from meetup.com and those women do playdates and get togethers every week, so I suggest that. I also like to take my DD to Balboa park a lot so you are welcome to meet us there whenever I go, I can let you know if you want.

spbyheidi
by Member on Jul. 6, 2010 at 3:12 PM

hey. ive been here 4 years. im 25 i have 2 kids. 3.5 and 12weeks. my hubby is navy and will deploy oct (early) then he gets to leave and come back in dec but gone end of march for 12 months. i also needa friend. im in lemon grove right off the 94

Keyonsmom
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 1:49 AM

hey i know how you feel it took me forever to meet people here. I started by joing play groups and then I got my kids in school and I went to school but everyone in all of my classes are younger than me and no one has any kids. I'm 23 btw. I live in lemon grove in housing. My boys are 3 and 4. Let me know if you wanna get together, my dh works a lot also and when he's not working he's either sleeping or leaving me with the kids.

pinky999
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Hi I'm Joey....just moved back to Oceanside from the SF Valley (Glendale/La Crescenta) area.  Husband has been out of the Marines for a year now.  WE are all about to start school in the Fall....(Nursing for me, hubby gonna try Medicine as well, daughter Jayden - 5 yrs old will start 1st grade-WHEW!)....

Nice to see you on Carmensmama! ;)

danaloveschris
by New Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:51 PM

Hey! I'm Dana- I'm 26 and my husband's navy too. I have a 3 yo girl and a 6 week old boy. I'm currently still on maternity leave, but when I go back it's only part time, so I have tuesdays and thursdays off. I live in the point loma/ob area and would love to make some mommy friends my age too!

mUstBdeStiny08
by New Member on Aug. 9, 2010 at 6:02 PM

yeah i been here since Jan and havent really met anybody. Mostly because Dh is in the navy and i had to do all the moving an settling in by myself...we had to move at the last minute. Anyway im 26 and my kids are 4 and 1. We live in East County but we have no problem gettin and goin anywhere. Im a SAHM so im always available and Dh is about to go on deployment too and a couple underways so hes NEVER home!!! Well hit me up when u get a chance!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)