Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby #2??

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 12:33 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 464 Total Views

I'm 23 years old and am a mom of a 16 month old girl. My husband is working full time but I'm still trying to finish up college. It's taken me a while because I needed time off when my girl was born but I'm determined to finish. My husband and I are working toward buying our first home, but I don't want to wait too long to have baby #2. I want my children to be close in age and I'm only planning on having 2. Does it seem logical to get pregnant again soon??

by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
IheartBacon
by New Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Hey, everyone has their own reasons for wanting to get pregnant again soon or later. My husband and I just had our first child in March (she is a little over 5 months old) and aunt flow just cam back. We has always talked about wanting 2 close together. So, as of now, we are trying again. We are also military so that has a little to do with it, insurance wise.

For me, I am not sure I would want one out of diapers and potty trained and then have to start that all over again down the line.

Plus, if they are close together, you are ideally giving your first daughter her best friend.

:) Feel free to message me if you want to talk.

nikkidallas19
by New Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Hi thanks for the reply! What you were saying about giving my daughter her first best friend is exactly what I've always wanted whenever I thought about having kids. I'm just worried about school because I'm so determined to finish, but I think I could make it happen :) What part of San Diego are you from?

Quoting IheartBacon:

Hey, everyone has their own reasons for wanting to get pregnant again soon or later. My husband and I just had our first child in March (she is a little over 5 months old) and aunt flow just cam back. We has always talked about wanting 2 close together. So, as of now, we are trying again. We are also military so that has a little to do with it, insurance wise.

For me, I am not sure I would want one out of diapers and potty trained and then have to start that all over again down the line.

Plus, if they are close together, you are ideally giving your first daughter her best friend.

:) Feel free to message me if you want to talk.

Sahaira
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I have a 15 month old son and I am 5.5 months pregnant right now with a little girl, they will be a year n a half apart .

tomsMom2008
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:28 PM

my boys are 3.5 years apart and I couldn't imagine them being any closer! My first is so helpful and it is nice that I never had to deal with jealousy issues. He was also completely potty trained and it was nice not to have to buy 2 sets of diapers! 

My first is 4.5 and my baby will be 1 next month

Summerlion1123
by New Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:40 PM
My two are 7 years apart and I'm very happy with that. My oldest is so helpful, plus independent and able to do a lot for himself. I'm happy not taking care of 2 babies but its not for everyone for sure because it really is like starting over.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN