Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

drivers licenses ***UPDATE***

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:12 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 310 Total Views

I am 28. I still dont have my license. I have taken the test 4 times in Independence I was even complimented on my driving yet I still i have not passed. (I have had my permit since I was 15.5. )

Has anyone else had problems with independence D M V? Is it just me? Any ideas to help me pass the driving test?

I just bought a new car (ford taurus) I pick it up tomarrow. I hope maybe taking the test in a car will help. !

by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tenacity
by Member on May. 9, 2009 at 8:23 AM

Are you missing the same questions each time? Can you memorize the first five questions (the answers) you know something to give you a leg up?

Do you freak when you take the test.. (like sit there and tell yourself..Damn, I cannot remember anything/like blank brain?)  Why do YOU FEEL like you're failing it?

There's a number of things that may help.  But, for now tell me..I'm pretty sure it's not the DMV. :-(  But, there may be a good answer here.

TTY soon.

you rockMary Wilcox
               Realtor
Reece & Nichols
Kansas City Metro Area
816.407.5284   email me:  marywilcox@reeceandnichols.com

Xakana
by Member on May. 10, 2009 at 3:37 AM

Well, I can't drive due to an eye condition and PTSD, but I've had plenty of problems with the Independence DMV--they're jerks, plain and simple. I can't get a new ID thanks to the patriot act CRAP. Because I had my name legally changed in 1987 through common usage instead of a court, I can't get a new ID until I pay hundreds of dollars and plead to a judge to have the paperwork created. It's effed up--I even have notarized paperwork. Independence treated me like dirt, so I went to Blue Springs and they did everything they could to try to help me, but MO is just screwed up.

As for the driving test--the written was a breeze, but I never took the driving test since the PTSD makes it impossible for me to pass it (as would having an ocular migraine and going blind and having to pull over for a half hour until it passed).

baby in slingtoddler girl

Admin: Love and Respect, No [hitting] No CIO and
Alternatives to Mainstream Parenting

Owner: Natural Babies due in January 2009

hypersquirrel
by Member on May. 11, 2009 at 11:46 AM

The written test I can pass. i have taken it almost 20x"s in the last 12 years. It is the actual driving test I cant pass. ( I even have flash cards made up for the written that coverrs both version a and b.) Trying blue springs may not be a bad Idea.

karmalove
by on May. 12, 2009 at 2:15 PM

I took the test three times-one was totally not my fault though I was rear ended by an Indpendence police officer in the middle of the driving test.  It seems to me they are really hyper strict about every nuance of that test.  Do they tell you what parts you are having trouble with?

Xakana
by Member on May. 12, 2009 at 3:33 PM

Quoting karmalove:

I took the test three times-one was totally not my fault though I was rear ended by an Indpendence police officer in the middle of the driving test.  It seems to me they are really hyper strict about every nuance of that test.  Do they tell you what parts you are having trouble with?

Holy crows! You were hit by a cop and they failed you? Um, did you stop really fast or something? (shouldn't matter) 'cause rear-ending is supposed to always be the fault of the person hitting from behind! (unless you're driving in 'weather' according to one stupid insurance company--long story, but it ended in my dh being accused of being at 20% fault because there was snow when the other person admitted she didn't try to slow down or avoid him... suffice it to say, we got a lawyer with our next accident).

hypersquirrel
by Member on May. 14, 2009 at 12:01 AM

What they have told me that I missed has been little stuff like turned too slow, didnt stop just right. I was even complimented by the tester the 3rd time! she told me I was a good driver 4x's. i have taken it in my dads truck(s-10 chevy,our dodge durango,)

Kimberiris
by New Member on May. 15, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Ya know that could be what it takes, I got my daughter a car and off she went and passed the test, she still scares the crap out of me and shes 24 now.  LOL

Good luck to ya, I know it's hard 

Xakana
by Member on May. 15, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Quoting hypersquirrel:

What they have told me that I missed has been little stuff like turned too slow, didnt stop just right. I was even complimented by the tester the 3rd time! she told me I was a good driver 4x's. i have taken it in my dads truck(s-10 chevy,our dodge durango,)

Yeah, I remember my sister telling me that she lost points because she didn't turn on a red light--she 'hesitated' *rolls eyes* Good luck with the car!!

karmalove
by on May. 18, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Actually yes-I couldn't complete the test because the car was totalled-bent the frame on it.  The policeman got out of his car screaming at me and telling me I was getting a ticket for obstruction of an officer going to an emergency-UNTIL he saw the Patrolman get out of the car and explain that I wasn't at fault in his opinion.  IT was a mess LOL and I was only 16!  I was on the verge of tears.

Quoting Xakana:

Quoting karmalove:

Holy crows! You were hit by a cop and they failed you? Um, did you stop really fast or something? (shouldn't matter) 'cause rear-ending is supposed to always be the fault of the person hitting from behind! (unless you're driving in 'weather' according to one stupid insurance company--long story, but it ended in my dh being accused of being at 20% fault because there was snow when the other person admitted she didn't try to slow down or avoid him... suffice it to say, we got a lawyer with our next accident).

Xakana
by Member on May. 19, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Wow, that's just awful!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)