Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your kids smoking?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:04 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 576 Total Views

Just curious, when will you ladies let your kids start smoking 420 if they want to?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jennie495
by New Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:48 PM

At fifteen, it is no longer considered child abuse.  I'd want them to come to me so that they would not get screwed their first time, and so they know the difference between good shit and shit.  then i'd inform them that if they want to smoke while they live in my house, they better be sharing! lol

Damyens_Mommy
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 2:21 PM

18 no younger!!!

brownidmomma
by New Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 8:20 PM

18. I just don't see any other reason unless medically necessary for my high schooler to be hitting the bong. seriously they have kids in school all day and then homework..hard nuff for me to be going to college finally at 30 years old. Had I not been toking at 14 i would've perhaps finished school....

QueenMama7808
by Group Owner on Sep. 4, 2010 at 10:28 PM
I think that depends a lot on the age and maturity level. If I don't think she can be trusted to use it responsibly, then no. But hopefully it will be legal, at least medicinally, nationwide by the time my dd is a teen, and if she has some of the same issues I had when I was younger that can be treated w/ pot I would consider it as an alternative to synthetic medications with unknown long term effects and unpleasant side effects. I'd probably limit her to edibles (I do a lot of cooking with herb) and tea, though, I don't love the idea of her smoking anything, especially while she's still developing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pspmom
by New Member on Nov. 26, 2010 at 6:34 AM

agreed

Quoting QueenMama7808:

I think that depends a lot on the age and maturity level. If I don't think she can be trusted to use it responsibly, then no. But hopefully it will be legal, at least medicinally, nationwide by the time my dd is a teen, and if she has some of the same issues I had when I was younger that can be treated w/ pot I would consider it as an alternative to synthetic medications with unknown long term effects and unpleasant side effects. I'd probably limit her to edibles (I do a lot of cooking with herb) and tea, though, I don't love the idea of her smoking anything, especially while she's still developing.

snwalways
by on Nov. 29, 2010 at 9:35 AM

Not until 18... they need to be out of high school or at least on their way out.  If anything comes up before then my daughters/sons knows who to come too... Our oldest is 7 and have already had to address drug use in schools with her.

Katie1991
by on Nov. 29, 2010 at 2:18 PM

I really think it depends on the child.  If they only do it occasionally and it doesn't affect their school or other activities I'm ok with it.  And like I tell my SD i'd rather her do it here at home with me than out with her friends where I have no idea what she would get and the potetntial trouble she could get into. 

shesmokesalot
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 7:19 PM

OK, it depends on the kid, oldest started smoking when he was almost 16 years old ONLY on the weekends and when he had no school..... IF the grades dropped so did his smoking privileges........ our youngest shows no interest... however if  ( I PRAY he comes to us like his brother did) and when he is ready providing the right circumstances I will let him.. I was 13 when I started smoking and I believe this is a much better CHOICE ( because it is his choice) than any of the  alternatives.  Pretty much I say 15 / 16 years old AT HOME in a CONTROLLED environment.

Also would like to mention us toking with oldest son allowed us to turn him into a RESPONSIBLE smoker.

shesmokesalot
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 7:20 PM

Exactly

Quoting Katie1991:

I really think it depends on the child.  If they only do it occasionally and it doesn't affect their school or other activities I'm ok with it.  And like I tell my SD i'd rather her do it here at home with me than out with her friends where I have no idea what she would get and the potetntial trouble she could get into. 

MommaKath1975
by on Dec. 28, 2010 at 6:52 AM

I don't have a problem with my girls smoking as long as they only do it at home and do it in moderation.  Nothing wrong with coming home and smoking a J to relax. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)