Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

smell?*?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:03 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 387 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I was just wandering what some of you do to cover up that obvious smell.......like right now i am staing with my mom and i want to walk out and smoke but she will smell it if  i do......anything would be helpful!

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hellokitty2012
by New Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I always just use my perfume or air fresheners. Eye drops are handy also ^_^

rjsmommy214
by New Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:35 PM

I typically onlt smoke in my apartment and we use incense alot! nag champa or super hit.

mom23luvs
by New Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:56 PM
5 moms liked this

Do you know what a sploof is? I read about it and tried it and it seems to work for me, my hubby said he barely caught a whiff when normally he can tell right away if I'm smoking just by the smell. I always smoke outside.

Anyway, take an empty toilet paper roll and some fabric softener. Cover one end of the roll with one or two sheets of fabric softener and use a rubber band to keep it covered then stuff the roll with more fb sheets (I use about 3-4 because I'm paranoid,lol). When you spark up exhale through the roll so the smoke and smell is filtered.

Also, I've noticed than when I use a bowl instead of rolling one the smell doesn't linger as much. Hope that helps!

spectralmind
by New Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Portable vaporizers are an investment, but the smell is greatly diminished when using one and can make smoking a lot more covert. The vaporgenie is my personal favorite, but there are many others.

ASLmommy89
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:37 PM
3 moms liked this

YES sploofs work sooooooo well!! A stoner kid taught me this trick lmaoooo

Quoting mom23luvs:

Do you know what a sploof is? I read about it and tried it and it seems to work for me, my hubby said he barely caught a whiff when normally he can tell right away if I'm smoking just by the smell. I always smoke outside.

Anyway, take an empty toilet paper roll and some fabric softener. Cover one end of the roll with one or two sheets of fabric softener and use a rubber band to keep it covered then stuff the roll with more fb sheets (I use about 3-4 because I'm paranoid,lol). When you spark up exhale through the roll so the smoke and smell is filtered.

Also, I've noticed than when I use a bowl instead of rolling one the smell doesn't linger as much. Hope that helps!

vgmomof2grtkds
by New Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Invest in a small spray bottle and fill it with the Febreeze for fabric odor. Spray your clothes with that.  Then get the small body spray from Target and carry that with you.  Hand sanitizer and scented lotion is your friend!  Also, make sure you always have Altoids.

Zimmerchild
by New Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Burn some incense, I also don't wear the same coat to smoke in, I have a special one for that. I wash my hands as well afterwards if I know I'll be handling jewelry or a child.

FirstTimeMama21
by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a whole process. Go outside in my "smoke jacket" smoke. Handsanitizer, lotion, perfume, mouthwash, eyedrops. lol

bren_mom
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Sounds like you've been doing this a while :)

Quoting FirstTimeMama21:

I have a whole process. Go outside in my "smoke jacket" smoke. Handsanitizer, lotion, perfume, mouthwash, eyedrops. lol

FirstTimeMama21
by on May. 9, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this
LoL. Its not to hide the fact that I smoke, my roommate just hates the smell! Plus, I don't like dry eyes or bad breath haha

Quoting bren_mom:

Sounds like you've been doing this a while :)

Quoting FirstTimeMama21:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)