Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Compassionate Friends: My first meeting

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2009 at 3:46 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 379 Total Views

So I finally felt up to it (and didn't forget) and went to my first meeing of The Compassionate Friends. First off, I couldn't walk in the door without breaking down and crying. Besides me, the newest person lost their son a year ago in September (it's been about 3 months now for me, doesn't seem like it, though). Hoenstly, bad first meeting to go to (it was their holiday celebration), but I'm so glad I did. They had a very emotional candle lighting for all the lost kids and everyone (even me) went up, lit a candle and put down a picture of their loved one and said "I light this candle for my (son, daughter, etc.), (name)" etc. It was so hard! Oh, and there was a slide show of all the lost kids and of course it was put to really sad music. Afterwards they had a pot luck dinner with everything from home made meatballs to Jack in the Box tacos. It was awesome! I tried not to eat too much, though because my husband had dinner waiting at home. Overall, I met some wonderful people there who know the loss I'm going through and are able to help me first hand. Their meetings are once a month, which isn't bad. I think I'll fit in just fine there and I'm really glad I decided to finally go to a meeting. = )

pregnancy

by on Dec. 7, 2009 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
normajeane73
by Member on Dec. 8, 2009 at 8:23 AM

that is wonderful! glad you went. it  helps to find others who have gone through similar circumstances. harley is sorely missed.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
MommyIvy
by Group Owner on Dec. 9, 2009 at 3:26 PM

I'm glad you went and that everything went well. I am sure those meeting will help alot. Its nice to have someone who knows what you are going through.

Made by Emily J.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)