Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Greed

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:35 AM
  • 9 Replies

I hate when someone says what do you want for Christmas.. The truth is i want a whole lot!

I use this time of year to re up on things i am in need of, new jeans, sweaters and a few things that i don't HAVE to have.

I feel a bit greedy, but i love to buy for others to, so i hope i balance my greed with my generosity

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
NicoleKelly
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:46 AM

Not to sound too much like Dr. Seuss or anything, but you sound more "needy" and not "greedy"....give yourself a break.  There's nothing wrong with wanting!!!!  Hope you get what you want.

Quoting mayzell:

I hate when someone says what do you want for Christmas.. The truth is i want a whole lot!

I use this time of year to re up on things i am in need of, new jeans, sweaters and a few things that i don't HAVE to have.

I feel a bit greedy, but i love to buy for others to, so i hope i balance my greed with my generosity

othermom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:52 AM

They ask what you want, people want lots of things.  It is not being greedy. I know that there are several things I want for chirstmas like a food dehydrator and a vacume sealer.  But I don't usually get much for me. Heck I spent most of my burthday money buying stuff for my kids and mailing packages to people for their kids for christmas, but that is what I love to do, so it makes me feel good.

Plus-size-mommy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:53 AM

I don't think you sound greedy at all! I think you sound like most mommas who could use a few more clothes cause we never buy much for ourselves, we always put others ahead of us. As long as you are giving AND receiving...totally ungreedy!!

Mommygoose
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:05 AM

My Mom usually gets us one larger more $$ gift for x-mas so I ask for the more $$ things like pots and pans, small appliances, ect. The things I have a hard time buying for the house because they cost a little more and cheap ones don't last long. Clothes I will usually pick up when needed or for my B-Day!l lol

banneyrooster
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:09 AM

I "need" pants but when someone asks me I say I dont know cause I really dont know what I would want anyone else to buy me.  I dont want for much.  I am not that kind of person.  And with me only needing pants, well, I like to pick out my own pants and try them on. 

I honestly cant think of NOTHING I can/will tell others I want.  And usually when they give me a gift card I spend it on the kids with theirs!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

jgl3g
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:16 AM

LOL I never answer that question. I do not like to ask for anything. I feel my family does enough for us through out the year and that they do not need to put extra under the tree. Sorry I am weird that way.

mayzell
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:16 PM

I would never ask someone for anything, However when my mom or DH ask i know if i don't tell them the things i really need, they will spend money on me anyway and i will end up with stuff i don't really need!

I feel guilty for some reason when i see other people blowing money.. I'm thinking well if your going to do it anyway i need some new clothes.

Lisa0626
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:25 PM

Everyone is entitled to a wish list, ha ha ha. And you give back so that's good!

Momof5Teens67
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 9:12 AM

holding giftsActually I wish more people gave longer wish lists! I HATE when I ask someone for a wish list and they say they dont want anything or only say one or two things. I love the longer the list the better because even though OBVIOUSLY I can't get them everything on it or even close to it... I have lots of good things to choose from AND it still leaves plenty of room for them to be surprised which one I get them.

I encourage all my teens and 20somethings to make long lists every year and I tell them not to worry about the cost, they enjoy daydreaming even though they know some of the things I couldnt afford to get them and I have fun seeing their desires and sometimes they end up very surprised, ; )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)