Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Jewelry

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:01 PM
  • 1 Replies

Just curious, How many of you like wearing jewelry? How often do you buy it? How much do you usually spend on it?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
dixiecharmer
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:17 PM

I love my jewelry,   I buy much less now than I use to. As I no longer work  I really watch to see what is a good buy.  I do not go the the jewelry parties to buy jewelry.  To many women wearing the same thing.

Cost? hummm I found a fire opal ring at a pawn shop for $35,  but gold was  much cheaper then.  I bought a couple of rings at a yard sale for 25 cents each,  divorce made the woman bitter and she wanted then gone, yes they were also gold.  

I was on one jewelry stores Christmas list.  But the high price of gold has sent me out of the jewelry market.  When the price drops I will go back, and buy more. 

I have a problem with jewelry that is gold plated over silver,  why bother.  just buy the silver jewelry.  The gold will wear off later. maybe decades.  I also break out if I wear jewelry that is not made in the precious metals,   

I do like old costume pins and I have found them at auctions, yard sales, and stores.  They are fun worn on hats, scarfs and suits. But they do not touch my skin.

Black Magic

at its best   Dixiecharmer

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)