Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

skinny jeans

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:48 PM
  • 13 Replies

i like them but ive been scared to try them.

i have skinny legs but i have little love handles and big boobs i think they would make my top half look even bigger?

any thoughtss?

by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
loriec
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Skinny jeans can be tricky! they are definetly jeans that too skinny of a woman will look like a teenage boy in. However, If you have some fat in your hips,thighs and butt then skinny jeans isn't all that bad no matter your skinny legs. With skinny jeans,try not to wear skinny jeans with flat shoes,cause skinny jeans look their best when wearing heels. They are supposed to be sexy!!!!  Also, if you do have a bulge at the waist like I do,to eliminate that spill over the waist. Try using a girdle or corset under your top. Or any shape wear.For your top shirts in a wrap style pull in the waist creating curves.

As far as the big boobs......thumb up! just kidding. If you think they are too big try  minimizing shapewear for that too.  

Good luck!!!! :)  

b00zie
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Quoting loriec:

Skinny jeans can be tricky! they are definetly jeans that too skinny of a woman will look like a teenage boy in. However, If you have some fat in your hips,thighs and butt then skinny jeans isn't all that bad no matter your skinny legs. With skinny jeans,try not to wear skinny jeans with flat shoes,cause skinny jeans look their best when wearing heels. They are supposed to be sexy!!!!  Also, if you do have a bulge at the waist like I do,to eliminate that spill over the waist. Try using a girdle or corset under your top. Or any shape wear.For your top shirts in a wrap style pull in the waist creating curves.

As far as the big boobs......thumb up! just kidding. If you think they are too big try  minimizing shapewear for that too.  

I hate when peopple wear flats and tennis shoes with skinnyjeans of course im wearing heel with them lol. And thanks do those shape shifting things really work?

loriec
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Quoting b00zie:

Quoting loriec:

I hate when peopple wear flats and tennis shoes with skinnyjeans of course im wearing heel with them lol. And thanks do those shape shifting things really work?

They flatten your tummy and pull the waist in. But it seems like you just have some little love handles so you don't have much to suck in!LOL

I personally can't wait to get a corset,I have one but it's way too big. With a corst it's better cause you can shape your self nicely! but they are more expensive than a waist cincher or the body shapers.

Well Good luck again sexy mamma!!!!  

rojastarr
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:29 PM

After 5 kids I prefer my jeans to be a little less figure hugging...I am an old lady and love boot cut jeans that sit just below the waist.

GlitterMEpInk
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:30 PM

I ♥ Them!

Momto3andaAngel
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:46 PM

I haven't tried them yet....I have been scared like you lol

theophila
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:04 PM

I can't pull of skinny jeans! It's not even my butt - I just have FULL thighs for my height/figure and a bone structure so that the side of my thighs actually push out wider than my butt. I'm in pretty good shape, pretty healthy, no love handles unless I wear things that are way too tight or have elastic in the wrong place, but in terms of figure, just fit better in a 50s silhouette!

So if you can pull of skinny jeans, great for you! They look good in girls with long legs or skinny legs with a bit of curves, just like loriec said above!

Also, if you're worried about the love handles, a simple solution is to wear a tunic-type top or baggier top that you cinch around the waist with a nice cute belt! That way you still show off your curves and legs but not the bumps you don't want!

asil
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:22 PM

too fat (and pregnant) for skinny jeans... but maybe just for the amusement i may try a pair on when i'm like 30 weeks... just for giggles... ha! and i'll share a picture with you all!

congrats! if you can pull off skinny jeans... my body envies yours!  after 2 kids (and another on the way) i can no longer DREAM of wearing them...

gmcat
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:31 PM

I am old too but remembered wearing them when I was younger and tried on a pair just for kicks....I loooooove them, one of my fav pair of jeans now, I wore them with boots all winter. 

I live in Texas and don't wear jeans in the summer...ever!

Sylvia

Hottmomma607
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2010 at 11:49 PM

I have a couple of pairs I actually got from JCP last xmas time City Streets brand! I love the style&the fit! City Streets is a junior clothing line. They fit in my boots to which is great thats what skinny jeans were desined for. And I like they don't look 'painted' on! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)