Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

jcpenny styles

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:39 AM
  • 8 Replies

I have a question.

Do all jcpenney's have basically the same thing or does it depend on the store and the buyer?

We have a small store here and i was looking for some summer stuff for my husband but all the all the shirts are way to loud and long for him.

I also would like some new things, but all the girls clothing in our small store is the same eighties throwback style with a few short shorts and some baby doll tanks thrown in.

I need more of a selection. And we want to shop in store not really online.

I was wondering if we should take a drive to the next store about hour and half away to check them out?

The stuff i have seen you ladies buy is way cuter then what i have found in our store.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
trishasjunebug
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:41 AM

Sounds like your store doesn't have much of a selection. I'd look around at the next store and see what you find. We have 2 Walmarts in my town and one is much more better and has a lot more products and clothing than the other one. I'd try it out and see :) Good luck!

mayzell
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:44 AM

Thanks, i think it would be worth it to take the drive!

Quoting trishasjunebug:

Sounds like your store doesn't have much of a selection. I'd look around at the next store and see what you find. We have 2 Walmarts in my town and one is much more better and has a lot more products and clothing than the other one. I'd try it out and see :) Good luck!

CarrieZack
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Our local store is small, too. If we drive out to the big one at the mall, there is MUCH more selection. I would drive to a bigger store if I were you and didn't want to shop  online.

Rogue35
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:11 PM

My JC Penneys has 2 floors to it.  It is a nice sized store in the mall.  So I am happy with it and there is always a nice sale going on.

loriec
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Store's have buyers,so it is the buyers choice and in some cases in retail it is the manager.

Hottmomma607
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2010 at 3:46 PM

Mine has 3 floors!

Quoting Rogue35:

My JC Penneys has 2 floors to it.  It is a nice sized store in the mall.  So I am happy with it and there is always a nice sale going on.

mayzell
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Lucky!

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Mine has 3 floors!

Quoting Rogue35:

ldmrmom
by on May. 27, 2010 at 4:35 PM

There are core basics to each store but some variant depending on the make-up of the local community. Years ago our area was predominately seniors with a few younger families moving in. The mall was geared towards the seniors. To get "younger" clothes you had to go north a bit. Today we're more diverse and leaning to "young family and middle-aged." the stores have updated their looks. We have a large "older" section in most department stores still, but the 'younger wear" has gotten bigger too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)