Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh the pressure?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:01 PM
  • 11 Replies

I came across this article, and thought what, do some mom's really feel pressured to be "hot"? seriously.. not me

I think my husband is fine with how i look, no pressure here!

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/03/02/2574611/regular-moms-under-pressure-to.html

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tazdvl
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:30 PM
MillieJ
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:33 PM

i don't feel like my SO would pressure me for this, but society definitely does lol

mayzell
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Yes i guess society does, but really i don't think it is expected out of mom's to be "hot" all the time

aubreysmommy718
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:18 PM

I def dont feel pressured, To be honest if I am going to be home all day most days I wake up and change into a new pair of pjs, I have health issues and dont bother dressing up much... I am starting to lose weight, 15lbs in two months, and once i can get back to my old weight I will probably feel better about myself and want to dress and look "hot"

momof3angela
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:25 PM

No pressure here..I am who I am :0)

trishasjunebug
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:53 PM

I never feel pressured, I'm a newly single mommy though, so I'm going to take a little more time on myself from now on :)

momof3angela
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 9:29 AM

Good for you:0)

Quoting trishasjunebug:

I never feel pressured, I'm a newly single mommy though, so I'm going to take a little more time on myself from now on :)

CarrieZack
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 12:20 PM

My husband would never pressure me to look hot (well, except sometimes in the bedroom). But he does want me to look attractive and he does want me to feel good about how I look. I feel very pressured, though. The media pressures me. The fact that men look at younger more attractive women pressures me. I really do want to look as hot as possible at all times. But sometimes I'm just too lazy to do anything about it.

The article mentions competition between mothers and daughters. I was just thinking about that the other day. Will I feel threatened if my daughter looks better than I do? And just today I saw a 40-something year old woman wearing an Aeropostale t-shirt with bling on it. I guess to me looking hot is looking good for your age, not trying to look like the younger generation. I don't think women should be shopping at stores or sections of stores that cater to teens and 20-somethings when they're a 30+ year old moms. We should look young and take care of ourselves and take pride in our appearances but not try to stay forever young.

aubreysmommy718
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Lol thats funny that you mentioned older women wearing clothes meant for teens or 20- somethings because that is my  mom. I am constanly trying to get her to dress her age and to her body but she will not listen. She is coming on 50 and wearing short shorts from the juniors section and tops from the juniors sections. I am 21 and I dont shop in Juniors anymore.

jrock75
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 1:06 PM

I don't feel the pressure. I would like to lose a couple of pounds so I can fit into my old clothes but that is for myself. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)