Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what a long nite.

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:45 AM
  • 22 Replies

It started at 8;45 pm got what we thought was gonna be a little bit of rain which turned to what looked like a hurricane(straight line winds) and we live in Oklahoma.it Knocked our power out and was out for 5 hours and it was hot in the house so we decided to sit in the car with the a/c on since we have a 2 year old and 5 year old.We just finally got back in the house and its little after 1am before the power was back on.

Oh and Monday gotta call the insurance company because we had a tree in our backyard that half fell on our house.Thank goodness dont see any holes in the roof from it but we are missing lots of shingles. The tree is still laying on the house because we gonna take pics tomorrow in the daylight for insurance company. Its right above the girls' room. and there is another part of the tree that will fall sometime soon.I took one pic of the tree on the house with my phone.will update tomorrow with better pics. Thank goodness that it wasnt worse than what it could have been. They said at least 563 business' and residents were without power.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momma_Halo
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:51 AM

Yeesh! Thank goodness you guys are alright. I grew up around hurricanes and bad weather so I know how that feels. Had a huge pine tree fall right on top of my sisters best friends house once. My sister was talking to her on the phone during the Hurricane and all of a sudden we heard a scream over the phone and a loud cracking sound across the street. We went to the window in time to see the tree had fallen on top of her house. We went to see her house after the hurricane and saw a large branch that looked like a stake pointing straight at her recliner and found out she had been sitting there when the tree fell. She had the grace of God on her side that day. 

skinsfan26
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:55 AM

Oh my thats scary. I guess whats a good thing about this tree is that it was dead and ive been wanting to have it cut down and removed.LOL. Looks like im gonna get my wish.Ive been trying to get my bros to come take it down and told them that they could have the wood for campfires or one bro has a wood stove in his house.

Quoting Momma_Halo:

Yeesh! Thank goodness you guys are alright. I grew up around hurricanes and bad weather so I know how that feels. Had a huge pine tree fall right on top of my sisters best friends house once. My sister was talking to her on the phone during the Hurricane and all of a sudden we heard a scream over the phone and a loud cracking sound across the street. We went to the window in time to see the tree had fallen on top of her house. We went to see her house after the hurricane and saw a large branch that looked like a stake pointing straight at her recliner and found out she had been sitting there when the tree fell. She had the grace of God on her side that day. 

Momma_Halo
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:57 AM

Hey that is a plus! Everything happens for a reason. Sorry it had to fall on your house to get it done though lol.

Quoting skinsfan26:

Oh my thats scary. I guess whats a good thing about this tree is that it was dead and ive been wanting to have it cut down and removed.LOL. Looks like im gonna get my wish.Ive been trying to get my bros to come take it down and told them that they could have the wood for campfires or one bro has a wood stove in his house.

Quoting Momma_Halo:

trishasjunebug
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:58 AM

OMG! I'm glad everyone is alright! How scary! I've never been in hurricanes, tornados, anything, I couldn't imagine how scary that would be! I'm really glad you guys didn't get hurt!

Rogue35
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Wow I am sorry to hear that.  That sounds like a scary experience.  I hope you can get it sorted out soon.

skinsfan26
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:53 PM

and now a troll can come move here in the last pic LOL

Momma_Halo
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:54 PM

Oh wow! Hahaha troll. Reminds me of Ernest scared stupid.

skinsfan26
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:56 PM

I live in the middle of tornado alley. Never had damage from one but seen one last year. got a pic of it too.

from last year.

Quoting trishasjunebug:

OMG! I'm glad everyone is alright! How scary! I've never been in hurricanes, tornados, anything, I couldn't imagine how scary that would be! I'm really glad you guys didn't get hurt!

skinsfan26
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:56 PM

LOL thats why I said that. cuz that troll lived in a tree.

Quoting Momma_Halo:

Momma_Halo
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:58 PM

Well remember to keep some Miyak around just in case hahahaha.

Quoting skinsfan26:

LOL thats why I said that. cuz that troll lived in a tree.

Quoting Momma_Halo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)