Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The down side of losing weight

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:14 AM
  • 41 Replies

Having no money to buy new clothes. 

I was staring at my closet trying to find something nice to wear for work and realized that all I had were "fat" clothes. So I decided to clean out my closet and I am now down to the bare minimum on nice clothes. Until recently I was wearing my size 17 pants with a belt on the last notch. My husband gave me 50 dollars and I hit a clothing consignment and bought two pairs of jeans and a couple of professional outfits. 

If it wasn't for Walmart and their sales I wouldn't have t-shirts and some somewhat "cute" shirts. 

I just barely got a job so YAY the recession is looking a little bit better but I am not making that much. And I have a ton of bills to pay off because you never get sick until you don't have insurance anymore. Why can't you lose weight on your own terms? Or win the lottery after you lose weight so you can go on a shopping spree?

Ce'st la vie.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heidi37217
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:16 AM

Tell me about it. I just went thru all my clothes and they are all size 16/18 and I'm a 12 now. I think I'm going to put them on ebay (hopefully they will sell) and take that money and go Goodwill shopping, lol

Momma_Halo
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:24 AM

I did that as well. I bought some of my nicest work pants and a kahki skirt from a second hand store. Spent maybe 12 dollars on designer clothes.

KarmicChild
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:27 AM

My sister and I have developed our own "Murphy's Law" that applies to clothes shopping.  This theory presents itself in three parts:

1) If you have spending money, and the stores actually have clothing that appeals to you, then you will not fit them.

2) If you have spending money, and you have finally lost weight, then the stores will not have any clothing that appeals to you.

3) If you have finally lost weight, and the stores have clothing that appeals to you, then you will not have any spending money.

trishasjunebug
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:28 AM

Lol if only life worked that way huh?

Momma_Halo
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:36 AM

KarmicChild, I completely agree about those laws! 

Trishasjunebug, Yeah I know! This whole "I want my way" attitude ins't working. I need a new tactic.

Rogue35
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Well I am glad you lost the weight.  If I were you I would pick up things here and there.  Before you know you will have some things to wear.

Momma_Halo
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:08 PM

I am slowly doing that but it is going to take time. If it wasn't for this clothing consignment store where I get to trade my pants in for a smaller size I wouldn't have pants.

Rogue35
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:10 PM

I am sorry to hear that.

Momma_Halo
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Sad part is I have to have internet for my college work. So I have to choose between clothes and internet. I just keep repeating to myself that after college I could afford the clothes. hahaha

Rogue35
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:36 PM

Now that is true you are working toward something to better your life.  What are you studying at college?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)