Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Big boy?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:50 AM
  • 14 Replies

How many have boys who are very large for their age? I don't mean over weight but tall. My son is almost four foot and built like a line backer and he is turning five this October. I am no longer shopping in the toddler section and now in the big boy department. He is shopping next to six year olds. 

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trishasjunebug
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:53 AM

I have a little short fry lol. His daddy is short and I'm real short so he isn't going to be a big kid lol.

Momma_Halo
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:54 AM

Ok get this. I am five foot one inch and his father is five foot nine inches. My family is all on the short side as well. My son decided to be one of the only grandkids that wanted to take after his great great grandfather scarberry who was full blooded native. So he is taller than ALL of his cousins.

Rogue35
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:27 PM

I have this going on with my girls they are tall.  I have people tell me they think they are tall.It can be hard to find clothes that fits them.  Like it will fit but the legs are to short.

Momma_Halo
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Same here. It is hard to find anything that won't fit like capris on him. And I always have to get a larger size shirt so it fits his shoulder and goes over his head.

Rogue35
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:35 PM

I know it can be so frustrating.  You want them to look good in their clothes and for stuff to fit right.  My girls have no behinds either.  I also have a problem with their jeans wanting to slide down.  I do use belts and buy jeans with the tightener on the inside.  I am forever telling them to pull their pants up.

Rogue35
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:36 PM

That is a nice thing about Penney's though they have the plus sizes in kids. 

momof3angela
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 1:46 PM

My 7 yr old son it tall as well....good thing b/c Dad is only 5'5"  ;)

trishasjunebug
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Lol! Oh my! :D

Quoting Momma_Halo:

Ok get this. I am five foot one inch and his father is five foot nine inches. My family is all on the short side as well. My son decided to be one of the only grandkids that wanted to take after his great great grandfather scarberry who was full blooded native. So he is taller than ALL of his cousins.

4isenoough
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Yep! I do. All of my kids are tall though. My 12 year old is already taller then me and I am 5'9". My 3 year old looks like the 5-6 year olds. LOL! Everybody is always amazed that he is so tall for 3 years old. :)

asil
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 11:10 PM

my oldest girl was 36" at just 2 years old... don't even know what she is now... she can fit into size 5 in girls for pants... in the height... in waste size she is still fitting a 24 month or 2T on the tightest setting!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)