Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beach Hair.

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:42 PM
  • 9 Replies

Do you love that sexy wavy look of your hair after going to the beach or swimming in the pool?

You don't have to go out to either with these tips!

Style 1. Super wavy beach hair.

Take a shower, after you dry it JUST A LITTLE take a spray gel (I like to use Herbal Essences tousle me softly spray gel) and spray all over damp hair. Then take larger chunks of hair and braid tying the ends with an elastic band. Sleep in these large braids. In the morning take the braids out and style however you'd like. Hair should be wavy.

Style 2. Wavy beach hair on the go.

If you take a shower in the morning, this would be ideal for you. Take a shower and let hair dry just a little. Take your hair and twist into a tight bun. Put an elastic around the bun to secure it. This can be used for errands, work, anything :) Leave this bun in for a good 2 hours. Let the bun loose and separate your hair. Style as you'd like. This is great if you are working and get off work and you're ready to hit the town, or if you're running errands in the morning then get home to head out to the beach or any other outing.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Rogue35
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:22 PM

I think it looks good on certain people.

Momma_Halo
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:27 PM

I use to do this all the time with my long hair but I am in medical school and cleaning the house I just don't have the time to look like a beach beauty. I have to keep my hair up at all times so I just cut it short for a time saver.

momof3angela
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 1:38 PM

I am so jealous of the gal's with that hair...naturally.....they look great!!!!!

asil
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 11:14 PM

i can't pull this off... either way of doing it... ha!

mamamiajk
by on Jun. 15, 2010 at 8:10 AM

I have the opposite problem. My hair is very curly AND thick. Yesterday I went to lunch and shopping after. When I got home and let my hair down it was still wet.

momof3angela
by on Jun. 15, 2010 at 8:30 AM

But I bet it looked so cute :)

Quoting mamamiajk:

I have the opposite problem. My hair is very curly AND thick. Yesterday I went to lunch and shopping after. When I got home and let my hair down it was still wet.

asil
by on Jun. 18, 2010 at 7:58 PM

okay, so i tried this yesterday... not so much the look i was going for... it was more "frazzled mom got out of shower, lugged 2 kids to the car, forgot to brush hair' instead of the beach look... must have done something wrong! ha!

sstepph
by on Jun. 18, 2010 at 8:00 PM

I use Aussie beach waves or something to that effect, and just put that in my hair after i shower and let aire dry, mine is natural though :)

Carey2006
by on Jun. 19, 2010 at 2:49 AM

um, no.....I just pull mine up in a pony tail

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)