Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ThredUp

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:25 AM
  • 14 Replies

has anybody actually used thredup? i signed up but haven't really checked it out...from what i did see it might be a good site if you have younger kids mine are older and they didn't have much...

http://www.thredup.com/Henderson21739

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mayzell
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:06 PM

never heard of it cool, thanks

othermom
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 1:08 PM

I looked at it, but wasn't to interested.

mayzell
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 1:48 PM

you have to pay13 dollars for a box of clothes you don't get to look at first, so what if you get it and dont like the clothes?

You have to buy a box and sell a box, i dont think you can just list stuff with out getting anything from someone.

I dont like that.

lapcounter
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 5:40 PM

I have heard of it but too me it would be a hassle. What if you don't like what you got etc. It works for some but  it wouldn't be something for me.

Mommy_of_two
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 8:10 AM

never heard of it

millerbunch
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 8:15 AM

never heard of it...

let me go look..

millerbunch
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 8:29 AM

well it's interesting... if i was to try it, i would probably do my toddler... just to try it out..

hobbit1123
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 8:47 AM

yes see if i had a toddler i'd try it but my kids are older(tweens) and you know how picky girls can be...

KarenEliseF
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Hi ladies - just saw your posts about thredUP.  I actually work at the company - so happy to answer any questions you have.  1) browse boxes of kids clothing & pick one you'd like to receive.  2) pay $13 for shipping - box is sent directly to you.  3) list a box of clothes your child has outgrown 4) we'll let you know when someone picks your box, print out the label and send it without leaving your house! 

the thredUP team monitors quality - If you get a box with clothes of poor quality, we have a great customer service team that can credit you appropriately.  Also - be sure to pay attention to users star rating like eBay - 4 star sender clothes have been rated well in the past! 

Finally - you can certainly send as many boxes as you'd like without picking anything.  It's a GREAT way to clean out clutter.  We'll send you empty USPS boxes (for free) and schedule home pick-up. No leaving the house & no paying for shipping - it's really very easy.  

Hope this was helpful - karen@thredup.com if you have any questions :-)

mayzell
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 1:12 PM

i would rather do eBay then to pay 13.00 for something i might not like

odds are you are only going to like a few things in the box, because you dont see what you are getting first.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)