Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

storing clothing

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:20 AM
  • 14 Replies

how do you go from summer to fall? fall to winter? etc?

do you pack it all away? do you just move it to another spot? is your closet just big enough for it all?

do you clear it all out and buy new?

how do you go from one to another?

PROUD OWNER OF...
baby/toddler coupons and more! - coupons, trading, and deals!
gmums - for moms who use or want to use gdiapers!
ddh developmental dysplasia of the hip
 - kids or parents with ddh!
moms against cow's milk - no cows milk for us!
money saving mamas - your one stop shop!

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
asil
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:21 AM

i try my hardest to make summer shirts last through fall with the addition of sweaters or sweatshirts... we do pack away tanks and shorts... washed, folded and in rough totes for the kids... for us in under bed boxes...

our fall/winter essentials come out and although they are clean we rewash and hang them all...

now that we're in our new house, i'm thinking i may not have to do this since we have a ginormous closet... we'll see!

momof3angela
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:19 AM

I don't have a ton of clothes so things are pretty much where they are all yr.....in my closet and drawers.  I do purge some things if they start to get worn or super outdated.

asil
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:23 AM

oh, you're supposed to get rid of those?  so my size 4 pants (mind you i am now at least a 14) should NOT still be hanging in my closet? ha!

Quoting momof3angela:

I don't have a ton of clothes so things are pretty much where they are all yr.....in my closet and drawers.  I do purge some things if they start to get worn or super outdated.

PROUD OWNER OF...

momof3angela
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:36 AM

Yes they should...heehee...you may go back to a size 4 after having kids  wink mini

Quoting asil:

oh, you're supposed to get rid of those?  so my size 4 pants (mind you i am now at least a 14) should NOT still be hanging in my closet? ha!

Quoting momof3angela:

SxyPanamami83
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:53 AM

i always lvoe transitioning. we alawys go to the big clereance sales for the previous seasons clothes. in feb we went to childrens palce for the big 2.99 sale for all the winter clothes. I put them all in a storage tub and then when the fall gets here i hang up and wash. then her old clothes i put aways in the box that shes outrgrown.

CVislosky
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Our closets are big enough that we don't need to move it. Unfortunately, that is because we don't have many clothes. :( 

TheGreatCthulhu
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:35 PM

I pack away all their shorts in Rubbermaid containers.  Their short sleeved shirts, I usually just layer with a long sleeve thermal or a coat.

asil
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:57 PM

omg... you crack me up... there is NO chance that i will ever be a 4 again... not with these birthing hips!!

guess i'll get rid of them... eventually...

Quoting momof3angela:

Yes they should...heehee...you may go back to a size 4 after having kids  wink mini

Quoting asil:

Quoting momof3angela:

PROUD OWNER OF...

asil
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:59 PM

i am pretty similar with the girls... we pack away the clothes that girl #1 outgrows and save them for girl #2... now with girl #3 on the way... i'm glad i saved all of them...

we have about 5 rough totes (they do include jackets, toys, bottles, etc... as well) of stuff that my 3 and 1 year old are not currently wearing... i need to pull out the small stuff and get washing! december is going to come quick!

Quoting SxyPanamami83:

i always lvoe transitioning. we alawys go to the big clereance sales for the previous seasons clothes. in feb we went to childrens palce for the big 2.99 sale for all the winter clothes. I put them all in a storage tub and then when the fall gets here i hang up and wash. then her old clothes i put aways in the box that shes outrgrown.

PROUD OWNER OF...

loriec
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Quoting asil:

omg... you crack me up... there is NO chance that i will ever be a 4 again... not with these birthing hips!!

guess i'll get rid of them... eventually...

Quoting momof3angela:

Quoting asil:

Quoting momof3angela:

Asil, you can loan me your hips. I don't mind having more hips ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)