Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

favorite holiday memory(ies)?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:23 PM
  • 7 Replies

while we are on the subject of holidays....what is one of your favorite holiday memories? When I was younger and living in NJ with my family, surrounded by extended family, we went to my nana's every year for thanksgiving and xmas. Huge family event. During my younger days, so many people arrived they had to park across the street. Nana really went out of her way with an appetizer table, open bar for the adults, huge dinner, desserts...most of my childhood memories are at her house. Things have really changed but I hope to carry some of that tradition with my own family!

The Earth does not belong to us, we belong to the Earth

----Chief Seattle

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
telecomgirl
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:50 PM

Every year growing up, my mom and I would make a braided Scandinavian sweet bread (She's from Finland) as gifts for family and friends. It has cardamom in it and oh does it make the house smell amazing and festive!!! And the taste doesn't compare to any other sweet bread on the planet!

This is the first year I'm not making it with her :(  ....but I'm also excited about continuing the tradition with my daughter.

Owl_Feather
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 11:12 AM

bump

Tnamari
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:57 PM

I remember getting a miss piggy puppet , it was the last Christmas I spent with my mom-I was ecstatic, I think that might be why I go overboard, I want Christmas to be memerable, you never know when it might be the last...

asil
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 10:03 PM

i love recalling how "santa" used to come while we were at midnight mass... i recall being SO confused as to HOW he knew we were at church!

momof3angela
by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 11:42 AM

My favorite memory as a child was when I got a bike for Christmas...don't know why that particular gift was so important but it sure left a lasting memory:) 

tazdvl
by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Spending Christmas in Mexico, was one of the last ones with my mom.

Carey2006
by on Oct. 2, 2010 at 11:38 AM

I have a number of them...most from when I was growing up in Pittsburgh....holidays were always SPECIAL, full of Family and parties....one year I got a 10 speed bike (& so did my uncle-I ended up walking right by mine cuz I thought it was his, I knew he was getting one that year) and we were able to go for a bike ride but half up our street it started to snow so we had to turn back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)