Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Valentines:Lets author a Love story!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:55 PM
  • 37 Replies

Lets make a group effort to compose and finish a love story by valentines. All you have to do is write,add something to the story where it left off. This should at least count as a short story. You may add some pic's too to get this story visual but make sure it expresses the story.

Story details;

Main character:Amanda Michelle Rivera, who is 30 years old she has brown hair and hazel eyes,about 5'7. Occupation(love for someone to make one up during the story)  No kids!

Other Characters 

Mitch Graham (Amandas love interest),34 years old,Blond hair,brown eyes,6'4 Occupation(he travels's a chance for one of you to fill in the blanks)

you may introduce more characters into the story as needed or if you feel it would add to the story. be creative you never know where this story will lead.

I also want you all to think of a good name for the story once we finsh up on Valentines day! So are you all ready to have some creative writing fun! don't worry about Grammatical error I am not your english teacher...relax! I am making all types of run on' but if we were to really do this I would edit in the end. 

I will begin the story in the replys.....:)

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:05 PM

All was calm and still on Laguanga Beach,Amanda sat by the shore with her feet in the water. She thought of her younger years she spent chasing Mitch around the country. Hoping that he'd settle down with her,get married and raise a family. But sadly that seemed to be a dream never to come true. 

Where is Mitch now she thought on,and a tear fell from her eye as she realized how foolish she'd been. Mitch wasn't here with her. He was in New York city,the big apple and he hadn't spoken with her since he boarded the plane at     the airport. Amanda remembered the sadness she felt as he looked back at her and waved. She wished that it was more than a wave but a kiss,a long deep kiss she so passionately wanted to feel. 

Her and Mitch have known eachother since kids,and she always had a crush held within. Mitch had his share of women and Amanda always gave them fake smiles but inside she was dying whenever Mitch would date. 

As Amanda sat by the shore thinking of Mitch she turned around and........................... 

by on Feb. 11, 2011 at 9:18 AM

Was hit with a volleyball. A tanned young man comes running up. Apologizing perfusely. Amanda, was so shocked by the unexpected blow she was rendered speechless. Then when she realized what had happened she snapped "why can't you be more careful" .......

by on Feb. 11, 2011 at 11:37 AM

by on Feb. 11, 2011 at 1:20 PM

The young man caught a tear drop fall before Amanda could wipe it away. He knelt down and asked, "are you ok?" Amanda snapped back, "I'm fine, now leave me alone." The young man went back to his game but couldn't help but wonder why the pretty brown eyed girl was crying and couldn't help but think he had seen her before.

by on Feb. 11, 2011 at 2:13 PM

One of his friends he were playing Volleyball with said to him "Hey man,whats up with that lady over there?" The young man answered "I don't know,just upset the ball hit her....I guess" he scratched his head"said i was sorry" pausing "she 's pretty snappy,man,"shaking his head"let's just play some ball?"  he said as he spiked the ball.

Meanwhile Amanda pulled herself together. She didn't mean to be so snappy at the young man. After all it was just a accident and he seemed so sincere. She watched the young man and the others play their game. It seemed like they were having fun,Amanda couldn't think when was the last time she had fun like that. When she moved to Laguana Beach 5 years ago she planned...............

by on Feb. 11, 2011 at 7:48 PM

to finish school, start a career. But then...

by on Feb. 12, 2011 at 9:39 AM

....another ball came sailing through the air.......and hit Amanda square on the head.   She had been so deep in thought she never saw it coming.

by on Feb. 12, 2011 at 11:16 AM

She wondered what in the world was she even doing there

When she saw the guilty party that hit her a second time

by on Feb. 12, 2011 at 12:24 PM

she got up and just started running..

by on Feb. 12, 2011 at 12:53 PM

it was the same young man. "Jeez!"she exclaimed,the young man ran over to her this time looking more concerned than the first time. "I'm sorry,we're playing a game and would never purposely hit you." he reached out to her as she rubbed her head. "you know ,I can only take so much abuse in one day" she snapped. "Oh no it's just a accident"the young man explained.   Meanwhile onlookers stood by including the guys he were playing volleyball with. Amanda felt embarrassed at this point and she didn't want to make a scene. She started to get up but couldn't quite gather the strength. She felt light headed. The young man made sure she didn't fall. "I just want to get out of here,go..... home"as she held her head. "Do you need a doctor?" Someone said from the crowd. "What I might need is a Lawyer" she looked at the young man "that's two times I've been hit,two times with a hard volleyball!",the young man looking lost at this moment says"your kidding about the Lawyer thing right?"

Amanda ignored him and she ignored what she said previously. She was really being sarcastic about the Lawyer. "listen,all I need is to get out of you and your friend way" turning to look at the other guys standing by "before you all kill me!" she made sure she made eye contact with them for they haven't even said a word.

The young man backed away from her,,he didn't know what else to say or do. Amanda clearly didn't want to be bothered. It was getting late the sun was setting and she needed to get back to her apartment. "My day is officially over" she got up thinking  that she felt better. However she had a headache. "I hope I don't have a concussion"she complained. She began to walk off when the young man caught her by her arm "listen, I don't mind taking you home"he suggested. Amanda rolled her eyes "I don't know,I don't know....I don't even know you",the young man smiled"do I look like I bite?"Amanda couldn't help but notice how innocent he looked. "No,I'm just..."she was cut off when he took her hand"trust me,I don't even know your name and i just want to make sure your o.k"his words were sincere. Amanda decided she didn't want to drive herself home at that moment. Besides this was Laguana beach not a really dangerous place. The young man had been concerned and she felt his sincerity."O.k,but I will have to get my jeep in the morning" she told him "I can arrange that!"with confidence in his voice.

The two headed towards a parking lot "I'm parked over there,it won't be a long walk" he said Amanda nodded,she couldn't wait to get home. He led her to a white Mercedes  

he opened the car door for her and waited till she was seated and closed the door behind her. Then Went over to the drivers side  but before he got in his cellphone rang. The young man signaled to her to hold on a minute. He had a brief conversation,abruptly hanging up and looking pissed."you o.k?" ,Amanda asked him. he was surprised she asked was he o.k. "Oh ya,just another day"sighing,"don't worry about me"as he started the car "just tell me where to and your name....please"smirking at her.. Amanda smiled "I'm at Virgina Way and I'm Amanda!". He pulled off "and I'm Brett!"he said.

They both remained quiet for a long period of time. Amanda didn't feel like talking much. Brett arrived on Virgina Way "What's your address?"he asked. "it's right down there"Amanda pointed he looked to where she pointed. "Oh I see"he drove her in front of her place.  "Thanks,I appreciate it"Amanda started to get out but Brett told her to wait."you left your Jeep at the beach" he reminded her "yay,I need to get my jeep" she said"in the morning?"Brett questioned. "In the morning,are you going to come back here?"Amanda asked. "Sure,no problem!...he smiled,"I will give you a call first,but first you will have to give me your number" He got his Iphone "ready,when you are"    

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)