Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Glowing, soft, silky skin...Homestyle

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:54 AM
  • 2 Replies

**From Barefoot Lass's Beauty Tips**

Salt Glow Rub
This exfoliating scrub will leave your skin soft and glowing. Only the best spas use this special recipe! Mix the juice from 1 lemon with 2 parts coarse salt and 1 part olive oil to make a paste. Step into the shower and massage into body. Turn on the shower and rinse. Pat dry and apply a rich moisturizer.

Soft Glowing Skin
Dottie from Fort Worth, TX writes; I am 55 years young and I get many compliments on my nice smooth skin. Once a week I exfoliate using sugar and olive oil to exfoliate. I first put a warm wet face cloth on my face for a minute and then I massage on some olive oil. I then use a little sugar on my fingertips and gently massage over my face. I give extra attention to my lips too. Don't scrub hard, you don't want to do damage to the skin. I then rinse well and then apply a little powdered milk (soothes the skin) and massage it over my face. I leave it on for a minute and then rinse off with cool water. My face has a healthy glow and is very smooth. Olive oil is a staple in my bathroom as well as in my kitchen." Thanks for the wondrous beauty tip Dottie!

Silky Soft Hands
This is my favorite tip for silky soft hands; Pour a spoonful of honey into the palm of your hand, add 3/4 spoon of sugar. (do this over the sink!) Now massage well into your hands for a few minutes. Sounds yucky, but feels great! Rinse and apply hand lotion. Soft! Also try; Before bed, wash and dry hands in lukewarm water. Slather with petroleum jelly, cover with cotton gloves and go to sleep. In the morning you will have smooth, supple, silky soft hands!

Silky Soft Legs
Mix two Tbs. of petroleum jelly with the contents of one 400 IU vitamin E capsule and massage all over your legs. Slip on cotton sweats and go to bed. In the morning, wash legs with a moisturizing body wash and apply a body lotion. Soft as silk!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
NessaLovesEmma
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:12 PM

I need to try the silky soft hands. mine are so dry lately!

momof3_dll
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:16 PM

I've actually used this before and it does work nice!

Quoting NessaLovesEmma:

I need to try the silky soft hands. mine are so dry lately!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)