Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

VERY DRY EYELIDS

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:21 PM
  • 5 Replies

I know this is a wierd post, but my eyelids have recently become very dry and actually a little flaky.  I tried vaseline and some other products, but then the stuff burns my eyes.  I am 53 years old and have combination skin. 

Cheryle A. Roberts

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Apr1l
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:29 PM

I have been going through this for a little while now went to a doc and a derm. Both think its an allergic reaction to something and recommended avoid all new products even nail polish for 2 weeks then slowly introduce one by one. I think its a seasonal allergy thing bc i havent used any new products. I put vit e oil on my eyelids or nothing at all for now it works. If your eyelids are especially inflamed when u wake up u may want to consider a sleep mask thing so u don't rub them in your sleep. Gl!

sophiesmom07
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:54 PM

Could this be a reaction to something you are using? A new eye liner, mascara?  Do you notice this more in the winter? Could be dermatitis.  Apply a gentle moisturizer all day.  As soon as you feel them drying, re-apply.  Try a warm compress or warm tea bags.

momof3_dll
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:56 PM

have you tried aquaphor yet?  that may do it otherwise may want to see your dr. or derm.  I get dry patches and use an ointment my dr prescribed (desonide).

LuLu5J
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Omg!  I have that too.  It's only on my right eyelid but it's driving me crazy!  I'm not sure what to do for it either so I'll be checking back in for more ideas

salamaat
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:53 PM
Urban decay primer potion dried out my lids pretty badly. I stopped using it and used my MaryKay eye cream and it went back to normal within a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)