Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

---Some uses for HONEY---

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:11 PM
  • 12 Replies

http://ecosalon.com/foodie-underground-20-uses-for-honey-that-you-never-thought-of-190/

1. Put it on your lips

Did you know that making your own lip balm is as easy as tracking down some almond oil, beeswax and honey? Sure is. Makes you feel a little guilty about that $10 version you picked up at the health food store yesterday, doesn’t it?

2. Make your own honey moisturizer

If you’ve got a handful of sweet smelling herbs – think lavender - laying around and ready to be used, why not use them for your own homemade honey lotion? Warm honey over a saucepan until it gets to a liquid consistency. Pour honey over herbs and cap tightly; the ratio you want to use is 1 tablespoon of herbs per 8 ounces of honey. Let sit for a week and then mix 1 teaspoon of liquid into an 8 ounce bottle of unscented lotion.

3. Give yourself a facial

Honey is a natural humectant with antimicrobial properties, which means your skin will be happy when you give it some sweet honey love. Try a basic honey wash by mixing a dollop of honey and two tablespoons of warm water and massaging the mixture into your skin. Or you can go all out and try the Cucumber Honey Facial.

4. Clear up your dry elbows

Nothing’s worse than scratchy elbows (no really) so next time, after you’ve washed and scrubbed, rub some honey on to soften the skin. Leave on for 30 minutes then wash off.

5. Soften your skin

Honey is an excellent exfoliant. You can pair it with ground almonds and lemon juice for a killer homemade facial scrub.

6. Beautify your hair

In the shower, after you wash your, coat the ends with a bit of honey. Let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing out and you’ll find that your hair is less frizzy and extra conditioned. Or make your hair shiny and bright by adding one teaspoon honey to one quart of water, and after washing your hair, pouring the mixture over your head. Let dry and enjoy your new-found shiny do.

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TexasWife
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Thanks!

lenoxclan
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:36 PM

cool

blondiemomof2
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:39 PM
Interesting. I don't think id try most of those though. I don't like being sticky
Thriftchick
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:44 PM

I love honey, i use it everyday as a gentle cleanser and it smells so sweet and softens skin, honey wax lotions are great, not  sticky , by Burt Bees, also homemade honey soap is good too. I love natural beauty tips, its what i blog about, that and Thrift Shopping to save money

Photobucket

Apr1l
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:37 PM

yes I use it as a mask it works great!

sweettigeress
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Interesting. But I don't think I could put it in my hair. lol!

Apr1l
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:35 PM

no I don't think so either

Quoting sweettigeress:

Interesting. But I don't think I could put it in my hair. lol!

RainyRain
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:05 PM
I used honey mixed with cinammon to help out with the thinning hair.

My hair smelled fantastic afterwards.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxLukesMamaxx
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:22 PM

Wow I didn't know you could use honey so many ways! 

kgmmw
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:41 PM
Good to know
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)