Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have accepted myself

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:22 PM
  • 16 Replies
3 moms liked this

I am a plus size mom and it has always been on my mind that I need to loose weight. i have tried,I take medication that  helps to keep the weight on. I am healthy otherwise,all the important numbers in my health are good. Black Friday I went shopping and bought a few pairs of leggings,jeggings and skinny jeans. I look good in them!!!! The leggings and long sweaters make a nice alternative to a sweat outfit. I used those on my "lazy days",now the leggings are the go to outfit. When wearing that it makes me want to go further by doing my hair and adding a piece or two of jewerly. I  will blow dry my hair so the curls look cute and not just frizzy,I will wear earrings or a bracelet. I also work as a private caretaker,these choices make me look nice for work but at the same time don't send the  signal that I am not prepared  to do my fair share. i have been happier these past weeks,I have come out of my comfort zone more(I bought a short skirt to wear with the leggings!!!!) and I got compliments. I dont have a picture of the new me yet but this is me in October,2011  with DH and DS. Thanks for listening!

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SophistoCat
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Good for you!!  Lovely family.  Thanks for sharing. :)

you rock

lady-t3984
by Tina on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this
You are beautiful!! Good for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dmom27
by Christina on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:38 PM

So happy for you!  It's always nice to feel good.  Your family is so beautiful.  (c:)

lilmisscee1974
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:40 PM

You look beautiful,I love that dress!

Apr1l
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:40 PM

that's great!  You all look very happy!

Thriftchick
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:48 PM

nice to meet you., i am a caretaker also, i rarely get to dress up and do things for myself, i understand were you are coming from, i am glad you are feeling great, message me anytime

RobinChristine
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Thank-You mama's! I enjoy looking nice and being happy,my guys are happier also!!!!!

LMJ1
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:22 PM
You're beautiful. :-)
I love leggings and long sweaters. I too, am plus sized, but I do need to lose weight for health reasons. In the meantime, I do love myself. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sew4fun
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:09 PM

That is awesome ! You go girl! Beautiful family!

RainyRain
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:15 AM

You ROCK!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)