• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spray Tan

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:35 AM
  • 8 Replies

Has anyone ever gone to a tanning salon for a spray tan?  I would love to hear your experience.  I am trying to convince DH to go before we go on vacation, but he keeps conjuring up images of Ross on Friends.  He wants to get a real tan, and I keep telling him how bad the sun is for his skin.

I've never done the spay tan, but have done my own bottle tan, and really liked the results.  But now I know I will be in a swimsuit, and I cannot trust DH to evenly put the sunless tanner on my back evenly.  So I want to get a spray tan before we go and use Bullfrog sunscreen to protect my skin since I am so fair.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
erikays
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:38 AM
I've never but I was looking into it for my maid of honor position last yr. I didn't end up bc we were broke at the time. Anywhoo, I watched a lot of YouTube videos on it! Pretty neat!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahmae
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I wanted to before I was a bridesmaid a few years ago, but I didn't end up having the time. i say go for it :)

sarahmae
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:45 AM

oh, but if you do it, read up on it, because I remember reading about how you need to exfoliate really well or something like that first

jenniferlee_12
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:27 AM

I did the Mystic tan or something. I thought I smelled like cup of soup afterwards. lol

socalmommy123
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:40 AM
I did the mystic tan twice my hands got really orange like dark Orange not cute lol but I did like how my legs and tummy looked note that I did put lotion on my hands the second time so they wouldn't get as orange and it wasn't as bad but still orange
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriAnn87
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:28 PM

i did the mstyic tan once and really didn't like it because it too long to dry, did get every part of my body and it was very streaky. i never did it after that but i did try jergern natural glow and that was better because you body was mositure and getting a new looking tan.

bama_mama07
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I've never done a spray tan, though I would give it a chance...I haven't even done the at home one's either

Sassycafemom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:53 PM

All I can say is always wear sunscreen. While I LOVE the sun and the warm and fuzzy feeling it provides me...not to mention the Vitamin D effects & the limited color I'll allow on my fair skin; I'm terribly afraid of the long term damage (I've had enough sunburns to know; this includes sun beds).

As far as spray tans are concerned, no way...I'm afraid of the side-effects from the chemicals in the spray.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)