Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Large pores?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:13 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have large pores, and I am in seek of help! (another post got me thinking...)
No matter what I do my mores never "minimize". I have used the fancy (tiny expensive bottle) that says it minimizes pores and it didn't do anything except make my nose smell good.
My mom had large pores, so it is just genetics. But they are really large, and you can see them from far away. I remember I could always see my moms. Is there anyway to get them smaller without surgery? When I google stuff not much comes up.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KelliansMom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:14 PM
I use a toner after I wash my face. It helps a lot and when I wear makeup I use a primer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahmae
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:53 PM
If I remember correctly, I don't think you can actually make them smaller, I think all you can do is reduce the appearance, if that makes sense
my4boys2002
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:55 PM
I use toner and a lift mask I've just started using them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3_dll
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:31 PM

My mom has large pores and she uses Clinique Pore Refining Solutions.  It's makeup and reminds me of spackle...lol  She's not huge on wearing makeup but really likes this product and it really does a nice job of filling in the pores (without clogging them).  The only other thing I can think of is using toners. 

jenniferlee_12
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I remember reading that same thing.

Quoting sarahmae:

If I remember correctly, I don't think you can actually make them smaller, I think all you can do is reduce the appearance, if that makes sense

erikays
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I use this! I have large pores which causes super oily skin. This helps sooo much and it was only $5!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassycafemom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this

After cleansing your face, fill the sink with ice water...just a hand full of ice cubes...and dip your face in the cold water a few times...this aids in "closing the pores"...pat dry, apply make-up. It's only a temporary solution, but it is a natural pore reducer.

CosmoKate
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:27 AM

A daily skin care regimen, facial, microdermabrasion, or cosmetics will NOT decrease the size of your pores.

If you notice that your cleaners, etc are giving you results, they are only temporary due to active ingredients AHA, BHA and Vitamin C.

For long term results, your best bet is to visit a dermatologist.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)