Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Costume Jewelry...Any Ideas or Tips?

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:36 PM
  • 8 Replies

So 95% of my jewelry is costume, I like to wera different stuff everyday so why buy real? Any way we live in SW Florida (very warm always!) and when it is hot I get like prickly heat rash wherever I have jewelry on. Ex: if I am wearing a fake silver ring my finger will break out and get super itchy, same for bracelets, necklaces etc. Does anyone know of anything I can do to the jewelry or my skin to prevent this from happening? Just curious, because I hate to give up wearing it! Thank ladies ;)

My World...My Life...My Boyz..

Bonez 8/3/91           Big Bear 4/13/94       Stinky 9/26/97giving dad card                bear with heart             ninja         (MonkeysDaddy)

by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
momof3_dll
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:41 PM
The only thing I know to do with rings are putting a coat of clear nail polish on the inside. Do you buy the nickel free jewelry? Not sure if that would make any difference.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erikays
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:56 PM
^^ I was about to say the same thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MonkeysGrammy
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Thanks! I will definitely try the clear polish idea. And no I never looked for nickel free specific? Is that supposed to be like for sensitive skin or something?

NessaLovesEmma
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Let us know if it helps!!! :)

Quoting MonkeysGrammy:

Thanks! I will definitely try the clear polish idea. And no I never looked for nickel free specific? Is that supposed to be like for sensitive skin or something?

jenniferlee_12
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Yeah I was going to say the nailpolish. Let us know if it helps.

sarahmae
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Quoting jenniferlee_12:

Yeah I was going to say the nailpolish. Let us know if it helps.

WesternNYmom
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I have the same issue when I wear costume jewelry. I am allergic to nickel, and have to wear earrings with surgical steel or solid gold or platinum posts or my lobes swell up.  For rings and bracelts, I second brushing on coat of clear nail polish. It helps cut down on irritation.  I used to get rashes when I would wear jewelry from Claire's when I was a teenager.

MonkeysGrammy
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Thanks, I'm going to give it a try!!

My World...My Life...My Boyz..

Bonez 8/3/91           Big Bear 4/13/94       Stinky 9/26/97giving dad card                bear with heart             ninja         (MonkeysDaddy)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN