Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Opinions on this dress(es)

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:56 PM
  • 21 Replies

I asked in another group a few days ago and got a few replies, but then i just found this beauty and style group and figured i would ask here.

what are your feelings about this dress? http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/aerial-image-dress

I ordered this, after buying two other dresses, the first, didn't fit, so i returned it, then got another but there was only one in my size left and someone bought it the same time as me, causing an oversell, and they got the dress, while i was charged money for the dress but never got it.

so they gave me store credit and free shipping and 10 percent off this dress, so I have ordered it.

I tend to have more of a 50's inspired style, like Zooey Deschanel. That is my favorite style.

I picked this dress because with the dicount it was very cheap, and i liked the vintage cut (see upclose on the bodice) with the modern feel.

Planning on wearing it on date nights, and casual dinners and outtings with SO's family.

dress number two- http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/tea-for-tulip-dress

I may get this with my return credit of first dress. 

which dress out of these two do you prefer?

don't worry about being nice, just be honest! I have zero people to ask advice from IRL. My only friends are family that are way way older, and wear sweatpants and teeshirts everyday (Nothing wrong with that, but they all find dresses impracticle and hate all of them)

I am 21.

by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melodyhour
by Cara on May. 12, 2012 at 12:26 AM

I love the print and the style of both dresses.  I especially love the green with that cute tulip print.  I am not a fan of strapless, it is just too bare for me.  But, if you like it go for it.  The dresses would look really cute with a cropped jacket or cardigan, or even a blazer. 

chellenout
by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Yikes on dress # 1, # 2 better

Christy619
by Christy on May. 12, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I think they are both cute and would look great with a cardi or fitted little jacket.

3brown1blue
by on May. 12, 2012 at 3:11 AM
I like both tbo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Adamsmommy602
by on May. 12, 2012 at 3:23 AM
I love both I love the print (:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2012 at 4:40 AM

I like both...Love the 1st one

Sassycafemom
by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:04 AM
Quoting Christy619:

I think they are both cute and would look great with a cardi or fitted little jacket.

I love the idea of the cardigan or a fitted jacket...and I agree, both are cute. I love Modcloth.
sarahmae
by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:06 AM
They are both cute but I like #1 better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2012 at 9:18 AM

They are both cute, but I like #1 better. 

diapercakemom84
by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:25 AM

i like the darker one..the aerial image dress.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN