Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Will you buy shoes at Payless?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:27 AM
  • 23 Replies

My answer to this use to be yes, when I was a lot younger and didn't have very much money.  Now there is no way I would ever buy shoes there.  Not because I am a snob but because they all hurt my feet. That is where bunnions and blisters come from (at least in my case)  The materials and the craftsmanship are very cheap. I tried to explain this to a member of my family but they are just stuck on the idea that I am an elitist. 

by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:30 AM
No, I don't shop there. The quality isnt great and i don't think they are all that cheap either. I can find better deals on the clearance rack at the Kohl's that's next to it for less money!
bama_mama07
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I doubt that I would buy them there....I usually get my great grandmothers shoes...whom btw has the hottest shoes ever!

FlyingMommy747
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:18 PM

I don't buy shoes there for myself at all.  I might get my DD a pair of dress shoes there because they actually have her size, as she wears a wide, and I figure they are only going to be worn once or twice before she outgrows them.  The only other place locally that has her size is Nordstroms, and I hate to spend $60 or more for shoes she will only wear a couple of times.  But I do get the rest of her shoes there.

momof3_dll
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:54 PM

I just found a really comfy pair of flats from there.  I just needed something cheap and to get me by for the time being.  Usually I never find anything there that fits me well.

JakesMom712
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:56 PM
For ds, sandles maybe. But not really. For me, def not
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IWannaLoveAgain
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:58 PM

If the shoes are cute, hell yes I'll buy from there. I'm not picky on the store, as long as I like the shoe!

do11face
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:41 PM

No, I hate their shoes. Especially their kid's selection.

The only shoes I bought therer were my 3 year old's ballet shoes.

Christy619
by Christy on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:54 PM
I have gotten flats there before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erikays
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:33 PM
Sure, its the only thing I could afford, of course.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenniferlee_12
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:52 PM

I will, but it depends since they seem to be getting more expensive and I can find better ones on sale.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)