Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Oooooh so that's why the hair dye was only $3 lol

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:32 PM
  • 5 Replies

My hair has become dull. Lifeless. It is a beautiful dark brown but now there is gray here and there and it could really use a pick-me-up.So I decided to look at hair dye while at walmart this morning. They had revlon on sale for $3! I thought "awesome!!". Well I got home and did it....nothing. My hair didnt hold but maybe one or two strands with the new color. Thank goodness it was only $3 but still! So does this mean I am in safe grounds to re-try with a different brand? Or do I need to maybe wait a few days? My hair likes manic panic. But I will also price around town for a professional to do my hair.

by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Hmmm thats a tough one. I suppose it depends on if it was a permanent or semi permanent 

Owl_Feather
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Owl_Feather
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:47 PM
It was permanent :/

Quoting blondiemomof2:

Hmmm thats a tough one. I suppose it depends on if it was a permanent or semi permanent 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheStudyStyler
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:51 PM

let it rest a while before adding anything else to it, the condition of hair will either let it  absorb more color or less , so after the application even if it doesnt look like it did anything it probably did, wait a few weeks before so that dye doesnt affect the new c olor too

erikays
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 6:37 AM
Do you have a deep conditioner? I swear by it! When I was younger, I always bought the cheap stuff. The conditioner saved my hair lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)