Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

How do you keep your clothes looking fresh and new?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave 25 moms the opportunity to try the new Tide Total Care laundry detergent.

Tell us, how do you keep your clothes looking fresh and new? Check back soon to hear what moms are saying!

**The CafeMom Team

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer,
click here.

by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Replies (21-30):
Gweneveer
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Hey Cafemom!

I received my GC in the mail last week, and I had to go to three seperate stores just to find one that carried Tide Total Care.  I ended up finding it at Target, there was only one scent available (not even sure if they make it in other scents).  I ended up purchasing two of the 150 oz big jugs of the Renewing Rain scent.  The scent was VERY pleasing to my nose, lol!

Now, I am a die hard Arm and Hammer with Oxi boost user, so I cannot wait to try out the Tide Total Care.  Tomorrow is laundry day in my house, so I will be posting again once I finish my laundry and see how the results turn out.  

angelgrl5200
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 6:55 PM

So ladies, I have finally made it to the store and bought my Tide Total Care Renewing Rain Scent. At first it was very difficult to find, mainly because it does not look like a regular Tide bottle, as a matter of fact it is kind of fancy looking! The scent is very pleasing! It is not too flowery or fruity and is actually kind of manly! I am sure my SO will appreciate that! Anyhow my local walmart ONLY had this item in stock, no other kind of Tide Total Care products, so I will be keeping an eye out at other stores as well! 

(see? Nifty design huh?)

So I have started a load of SOs clothes! He needed some work clothes, and here are the two worst shirts!

Back of white shirt #1 has oil, dirt, and grease on it!

Front of shirt #1 a little less dirt and grease but do you see that spot on the upper left? That has been there for at least a month! I am excited to see if it will come out!

Shirt #2 is an everyday work shirt, he has 5 of them and they are all starting to look very dingy, old, and stained! I will also take a picture of this shirt washed without Tide Total Care just so we can see a difference, if there is one!

So I am super excited to see how these come out! Bet you are now too, lol

Last but not least, have you ever seen any laundry detergent that was not blue or clear? I never have, and I have used a wide assortment of detergents!! Check this out! It is orange! Cool! My kids will think it's cool anyway! lol

army_wifey_06
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Thanks for choosing me for the Tide Total Care influencer program :) I bought my Tide yesterday and I'm going to do my first load of laundry with it here in a little bit!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelgrl5200
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Back to report! I am not too pleased with how clean Tide Total care got my SOs clothes! They were still pretty dingy and stained as well! Hope to have better luck with the kids clothes! Also the smell did not stay in the clothes, you could hardly smell it once it came out of the dryer, and by morning could not smell it at all. So that is a bummer! I like fresh smelling clothes everyday! I will be back later to see how it takes to my kids clothes!

Back of shirt #1 after being washed, you can still see dirt in the upper right of the shirt.

Front of shirt #1, well that stain didn't come out! 

Shirt #2 was still very dingy/dirty looking, the stains on the bottom are not to be considered, lol, those stains will never come out due to what it is!

So I don't think Tide Total Care really works on SOs clothes, I will stick with my different Tide detergent for his clothes! 

JakeandEmmasMom
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Hello, all!

I received my card yesterday and went to purchase Tide Total Care today.  It wasn't easy to find.  I went to my local Walmart and almost gave up when I spotted a lonely container on the shelf.  There was one container of Tide Total Care in the Renewing Rain scent.  I searched for other Total Care products figuring that there was more to the system than just the detergent, but I didn't find anything else.  I do hope that the Cafemom team will let us know if there are other products that we should be purchasing.

Here is what I bought:

I really like the shape of the bottle.  It's definitely different and seems modern.  What I really love, though, is the scent!  It smells so good! 

I just threw a load into the wash.  There wasn't anything that was really dirty though, so I didn't get any pictures.  However, my husband and his laundry will be home tonight, and I can always count on him for some tough stains, so I'll update with the results on his clothes too.  ;-)

AshleyLynnW
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 5:25 PM

So I got my Tide Total Care today, in the Renewing Rain scent. It smells really good in the bottle, so hopefully it smells as good on the clothes. Here it is-easy to pour bottle:

I have used it on 2 loads so far. One is my ds's bedding, he is a bedwetter so I really want to test how clean it gets it and if the smell of urine comes out. It is in the dryer:

And the 2nd load is in the washer right now. It has some kitchen towels and rags, I took a picture of two that have coffee on them:

I do a lot of laundry! We are a family of 5, expecting baby #4. I usually use homemade laundry soap, and I have never used Tide as its quite pricey. It usually does a pretty good job, but doesn't have that fresh scent the Tide does. I really can't wait to try this detergent out on my husband's work uniform. He works law enforcement, and I get worried the uniform will fade. I will post later with how these 2 loads turned out.

AshleyLynnW
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 7:22 PM

So I just finished up that laundry. The first load with my ds's bedding turned out really good, it was really clean with no traces of urine. The scent is just as nice on the clothes, not too strong, just light and fresh. The second load also turned out nice. It had the few dish towels with coffee on them. It took out all the coffee!

I would have to say I am pleasantly surprised with how well it worked. I'm not sure if I would most definitely buy it again because it is quite a bit more expensive to what we use now, but if I found it on sale and I had coupons it would be a for sure. If my dh's work uniforms turn out nice, I would buy Tide Total Care just to wash them in. Thanks Cafemom for giving me the oppurtunity to try out a great product!

laineylarue
by New Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:35 PM

I just wanted to say thank you so much for picking me!!!!!  I went and grabbed a bottle yesterday & did a load this morning.  I have to say, I LOVE it!!  I normally use Tide products anyway but I haven't tried the Tide Total Care.  It made my clothes brighter & softer which is a plus since we have hard water here, and my family loves the way it smells :) 

Thanks again Cafemom!!  

Chillisarah
by Hippie Bombshell on Sep. 30, 2012 at 5:40 PM

I found my Tide Total Care detergent at Target also!  I got the Renewing Rain scent.  I'm excited to try it now.

Quoting Gweneveer:

Tide Total Care.  I ended up finding it at Target, there was only one scent available (not even sure if they make it in other scents).  I ended up purchasing two of the 150 oz big jugs of the Renewing Rain scent.  The scent was VERY pleasing to my nose, lol!

Chillisarah
by Hippie Bombshell on Sep. 30, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I do laundry almost every day and it's important to me that my clothes don't fade and also smell great.  Tide Total Care laundry detergent does a great job at keeping my clothes from fading.  And a big plus is that it leaves my clothes smelling better than any other laundry detergent I've ever used.  I tested it by washing my clothes with the toughest stains and also with the worst smells.  There was a shirt that no matter what I used could never smell good again and I was about to throw that shirt away but instead washed it with Tide Total Care laundry detergent.  Well, this detergent has saved that shirt. It did the job well-better than well! I am impressed.  I even tested it on a new shirt I bought that had never been worn before.  The shirt still looks great like new and no fading whatsoever.  I recommend this to anyone and I'll continue using it. This is pretty much everything I've been looking for in a laundry detergent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)