Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Restyle Your Life Challenge Day 1: Compliment Someone's Colorful Outfit!

Posted by   + Show Post

A great tip for adding color to your wardrobe is to pick your favorite colors and make sure everything in your main wardrobe fits with that palette. By doing this you will increase your number of options and reduce feeling like you have nothing to wear!

What's your favorite color to wear? Do you usually buy similar colored clothes or do you buy whatever catches your eye?

simple smile

If you haven't signed up for the Restyle Your Life Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 4:02 PM
Replies (51-60):
the4mutts
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:07 PM
I like to have tops that are "normal" colors like dark blue, black, white, and maybe a pink.
But for bottoms like skirts & pants, I go for fun! I have hot pink jeans & skirts, I have grey & black leopard print shorts, hawaiian print purple skirt that I wear with a plain white blouse.
Makes my outfits less boring, while still being aproperiate for any setting
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommieof1b4g
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:25 PM

i wear alot of black, purples & white! i use to pink but it does not look good on me anymore lol

philsmom196
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:30 PM

i like the same colors, for winter i like darker greens, oranges, grays, try to keep it all together, so a new piece wil match clothing i already have. its rough to let go of items, i like the basic black though not jeans, dressier trousers, they usually cost less than jeans. jcpenney has outfits for less than $20 this time of year.

this year i am reinventing the clothing, includings scarves and gloves, i have from previous years. some are everyday to keep warm, some are for wen i visit relatives, go to doctors, etc.

laundry is really important to me, i did buy books from the internet at discount, one was 1 penny, i am "rescuing" some whites right now with ivory soap, a basic of this laundy book, with bing rewards, the shipping was almost free. if i can take care of the things i own, including how to wash a winter coat, it wil extend the life of my clothing without feeling "tatty", though its hard not to if the weather is as cold as it gets here.  i do love the colors, sometimes things with threads through them, silver threads decorating a black tunic, gold threads in a white blouse, which was new from "savers". i like taking care of my clothing.doing laundryhope i win, too

Aurorasmom
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:36 PM

i love bright colors, mostly pink :)

Kodysmommy928
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 9:03 PM

I am a big fan of jewel tones. 

skippette14
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Purple is my favorite in all shades. Have quite a few pink things too, usually in the lighter shades. Of course I've got plenty of black and denim too
robyann
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 9:21 PM

My favorite color to wear is blue, I feel good in blue. I also love yellow, but it has to be a small amount because it doesn't look too well with my coloring.

witheredroses
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 9:57 PM

I tend to where more of a variety of colors...usually seasonal....love darker greens, purples  and reds at this time of tear...spring and summer tend to be more tan, pink and pastel colors

lynettemommie4
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 9:59 PM

i like blues and purples.

Hottmomma607
by Queen Trica on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:20 PM
I love black! Pink is my fav! But black goes with everything! Love adding a splash of color to an outfit!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)