Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

I'm new to this group... I have a question about hair cuts

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:11 PM
  • 12 Replies

I just got my hair cut yesterday after not getting it cut for a long time.  It seems that everytime I get my haircut it takes a couple of days for it to start looking the way I want it.  Does anyone here experience the same thing?  Any hints you can give if you have any would be appreciated.

Thanks.

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh yes this happens to me too. Its kind of hard to give advice without a pic. The only thing I can say is I always try to pay real close attention when the hairdresser styles my hair and ask lots of questions about her technique. Good luck!

littlemascara
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting blondiemomof2:

Oh yes this happens to me too. Its kind of hard to give advice without a pic. The only thing I can say is I always try to pay real close attention when the hairdresser styles my hair and ask lots of questions about her technique. Good luck!

I agree.  Also, sometimes you just have to go home and wash and style it yourself and get used to the new cut.  If  your stylist does not tell you how to maintain the syle, ask.  But they really should tell you so that you don't leave feeling like you can't maintain it.

pamk5641
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Thanks so much for your advice.  I have been trying to style it and make it look nice but I think my problem here is that I don't have any hair products like leave-in conditioner or hairspray etc right now.  I will be stopping in at a beauty supply store and pick up some things and maybe that will help. 

I haven't gotten my hair cut for about a year or more prior to getting it done Wednesday and it was and still is very dry so most likely a quality conditioner and other products will hopefully help. 

I have been going to the same stylist so I am happy with how he does my hair but when I got home and tried to style it after wetting it I just couldn't get it to look right.  I was going to go back and have him put more layering in the sides but I am going to wait it out and see how the new products work.  I should have bought something that I know works nice on my hair when I was there but I already paid a lot for a new brush (the same one he uses which was $16) and the price for the cut (45 plus tip) so I was didn't want to pay anymore but I should have known that cheap hair products are not as good as the quality ones and it is worth the money. 

Thanks again.  I am going to post a picture soon if I can get my hair and makeup to look halfway decent. I am feeling old and worn out and not very pretty these days so hopefully soon I can start to look and feel better. 

erikays
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:10 AM
Usually I always have to wash it and style it then sleep on it. When I wake up I'm more use to the style lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shimmifairy
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:18 AM

My stylist gives a great cut....but I always have to go home and wash the beauty shop out of my hair and do it myself before it looks good....and yes, it does take a few days for everything to kind of settle in :)

pamk5641
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:22 AM

It is just still so dried out and horrible looking even after two days.  I will give it more time. 

Thanks all.

sophiesmom07
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Hi, welcome!

I notice that my hair doesn't look right until I wash it and style it myself. I also notice it with my kids. Their haircut always looks better a few days later.  Give it a little time. 

AleaKat
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Yes it's like my hair freaks out and then has to settle down and get used to it. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pamk5641
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:14 PM

I got some leave in conditioner and a deep conditioner today and I used some of the leave in conditioner when I got home. I already feel and see a difference in my hair but need more improvement so I will keep playing with it until it comes out the way I want.

Chillisarah
by Hippie Bombshell on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:57 PM

everyone has given you great advice, just wanted to say welcome to the group!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN