Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Jeans

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:09 PM
  • 12 Replies

I am wondering what you did after your pregnancy. When your maternity jeans were still your best option but didnt fit perfectly anymore? Mine fall down, a lot, and its really annoying when I am wearing the baby with the Moby and cant pull them up >.< Is there a trick that I havent heard yet? Some thing like the trick to wear your pre-pregnancy jeans longer in the first trimester, the rubber band around the button, KWIM? I have the bull belly stretch top, FYI. I am 4 months post partum and have a super saggy belly, and had a c-section. Buying new jeans isnt really an option for a few more months but its getting cold. Sorry, I'm babbling now...

So really, how do I keep my maternity jeans from falling down?

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gabby416
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Honestly, I would just buy a couple cheap pair of jeans for now.  I wouldn't know how to keep them up.  or you can try a shapewear cami and your regular jeans. 

GremlinMom
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:32 PM
My regular jeans are now two sizes to small and don't go past my butt. I already said new jeans aren't an option and I can't nurse in my shapewear cami, thank you though.

Quoting gabby416:

Honestly, I would just buy a couple cheap pair of jeans for now.  I wouldn't know how to keep them up.  or you can try a shapewear cami and your regular jeans. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christy619
by Christy on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:51 PM
I wore my maternity jeans until they were falling off because I didnt want to get new ones either. I didnt fit into my prepreg jeans yet, but I couldnt take it and had to buy new ones. I found inexpensive pairs for $9.99 at Old Navy. I really cant think of any tricks but hopefully someone else has suggestions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemascara
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:56 PM

I just got cheap ones like at Ross in a size that fit my current figure. 

GremlinMom
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Nice :) that is a good price. I doubt ill find a good price right now, at the beginning of the cold season.

Quoting Christy619:

I wore my maternity jeans until they were falling off because I didnt want to get new ones either. I didnt fit into my prepreg jeans yet, but I couldnt take it and had to buy new ones. I found inexpensive pairs for $9.99 at Old Navy. I really cant think of any tricks but hopefully someone else has suggestions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SugarrCane
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Try NYDJ (Not Your Daughter's Jeans).  They are higher rise and you can get them on Ebay for a reasonable price.

Christy619
by Christy on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Give it a shot, you never know. Retailers are still trying to get rid of spring/summer 'washes' or colors..

Quoting GremlinMom:

Nice :) that is a good price. I doubt ill find a good price right now, at the beginning of the cold season.

Quoting Christy619:

momof3_dll
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:43 PM
What about buying a Bella Band...target sells them...or at least used to. I would think the elasticity of it would help keep your pants from falling down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I didn't wear my maternity jeans. I bought a few pair of cheap yoga pants and wore those for mnths until I was able to wear other things. 

GremlinMom
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Lol, I did that my first pregnancy. But it got rather annoying and so I asked DH for jeans this time. Motherhood Maternity happened to have a really good sale :)

Quoting sophiesmom07:

I didn't wear my maternity jeans. I bought a few pair of cheap yoga pants and wore those for mnths until I was able to wear other things. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN