Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

hazel eyes

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:10 AM
  • 14 Replies
Hey ladies, I'm kinda new here & I am needing to know what color eye shadows look best for hazel eyes. I have hazel eyes and I normally don't wear make-up or eyeshadow much @ all. I also need to know what is tha best eye-liner/mascara to use because my eye-liner comes off during tha day & I just can't seem to find that 1 mascara that makes my lashes look natural. Thanks for all yalls help. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlemascara
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Hazel eyes look great with really any color shadows IMO, it just depends on what you like to wear. 

If you want a mascara that looks really natural, try Korres Volcanic Minerals Volumizing Mascara.  It looks very natural, almost like a lash tint, but does add volume and isn't clumpy and flaky.  It's not HUGE volume and length, and is only in black (which is all I wear anyway) but just makes your lashes look natural, soft and pretty.  Not stiff at all.  And great for sensitive eyes. If you know Korres you know they are natural and usually made of good for you stuff without bad for you stuff. 

it's $20 at places like Sephora

Korres - Volcanic Minerals Volumizing Mascara
What it is:
The blackest, black mascara derived from volcanic soil that increases lash volume by 600 percent.

What it does:
This Obsidian black is formulated with volcanic minerals for the deepest, darkest color and an explosive increase in lash volume. These rich pigments blend with natural film formers to create a flexible yet strong coating that covers every lash. Volcanic Minerals Volumizing Mascara provides a glossy, luminous finish with a flexible conditioned feel, without any smudging or flakes for optimal, long-wearing benefits. The tapered brush head with unique cross-hatch bristles ensures smooth, clump-free application that grabs even the tiniest microlashes.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

jenniferlee_12
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I have no clue, but love Hazel eyes.

Mommy4000
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Greens and browns. The closer the shadow color is to your eye color it will make your eye color pop that much more, imo. I have blue eyes so I love subtle blue shades that deepen the blue of my eyes. Usually, hazel eyes respond very well to all colors and reflect that color. My daughter has hazel eyes and they change shades sometimes drastically depending on what color clothes she's wearing.

LadyJRB
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:43 AM
One thing I can say is that I luv my hazel eyes. Lol :)

Quoting jenniferlee_12:

I have no clue, but love Hazel eyes.

LadyJRB
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Oh yeah mine change colors depending on wat I wear & also change wit my mood. If I'm sad/upset/crying they're dark brown n if I'm happy they're greenish wit orange. Just depends.

Quoting Mommy4000:

Greens and browns. The closer the shadow color is to your eye color it will make your eye color pop that much more, imo. I have blue eyes so I love subtle blue shades that deepen the blue of my eyes. Usually, hazel eyes respond very well to all colors and reflect that color. My daughter has hazel eyes and they change shades sometimes drastically depending on what color clothes she's wearing.

AgapeLove2U
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I love purples

mommieofII
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I have hazel and I wear a dark purple or brown... Green looks nice too..

givenshl
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Bronzy Golds, ambers, plums, mauves...Rock them Hazel Eyes!

momof3_dll
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Found this info for you...

Go natural with your makeup. Choose an eye shadow color in the same color family as your eye color. For hazel eyes, this means shades of brown, apricot, tan, khaki and dark green shades. These will bring out the natural color of your eyes and give you a subtle look for daytime makeup.

Choose glamorous colors for a night out on the town. Spice up your hazel eyes with eye shadow in shades of bright green, lime green and even gold. Combine these colors for a stunning effect that will make you stand out in a crowd.

Walk on the wild side with your makeup. Violet, plum and purple shades of eye shadow will bring contrast to your eyes, drawing out the vivid green shades in your hazel eyes. Bright purple eye shadow is a modern, bold look; using it will draw attention but will also give your makeup a strong visual impact.

do11face
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I have hazel eyes and I wear a lot of pink and purples.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN