Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

How long does it take you to style your hair?

I have medium-long hair and it seems to take me forever to dry it.  I've found that if I pull it up and do it in layers it goes a lot faster.  I do the same thing for curling/straightening and just do it in layers.

It probably takes me about 15 minutes to either curl or straighten my hair after it's dry by doing it this way.

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Replies (21-26):
autiemama516
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:32 PM

I have short hair. I blowdry in sections to give that wispy look. Sometimes I use the curling iron hot air brush on it. That takes the same amount of time about 10 minutes.Makeup is another story

rocky_mtn_mama
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:23 PM

How often do you wash your hair?  I don't have ethnic hair, but mine is naturally wavy.  I usually shampoo every other day.

Quoting Twisted_Halo:

I wear my hair hair naturally curly(ethnic). It takes about 49 mins to wash it and a full 24 hours to air dry. After that first day it takes less then 10 to style

Twisted_Halo
by Ashley on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Once a week. My hair gets dried out if I wash it more than once a week. I have really thick curly hair so it's a lot to deal with lol

Quoting rocky_mtn_mama:

How often do you wash your hair?  I don't have ethnic hair, but mine is naturally wavy.  I usually shampoo every other day.

Quoting Twisted_Halo:

I wear my hair hair naturally curly(ethnic). It takes about 49 mins to wash it and a full 24 hours to air dry. After that first day it takes less then 10 to style

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocky_mtn_mama
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:45 PM

It sounds like a lot to deal with, but it sounds lik eyou have really pretty hair too!

Quoting Twisted_Halo:

Once a week. My hair gets dried out if I wash it more than once a week. I have really thick curly hair so it's a lot to deal with lol

Quoting rocky_mtn_mama:

Quoting Twisted_Halo:

Twisted_Halo
by Ashley on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:00 AM

It is sometimes, thanks but only on good hair days. 

Quoting rocky_mtn_mama:

It sounds like a lot to deal with, but it sounds lik eyou have really pretty hair too!

allyn9
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Like ae86mommy, I am a wash and go gal.  My hair is relatively short and because I get it cut about every 5 weeks, I am lucky enough to just let it air dry and it falls into place. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN