Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

How long does it take you to style your hair?

I have medium-long hair and it seems to take me forever to dry it.  I've found that if I pull it up and do it in layers it goes a lot faster.  I do the same thing for curling/straightening and just do it in layers.

It probably takes me about 15 minutes to either curl or straighten my hair after it's dry by doing it this way.

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Replies (11-20):
OliviasMommy611
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:15 AM
Less than 10 mins to dry and straighten! My hair is thin and fine. It doesnt look it though. Love it!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apr1l
by Katie on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:09 AM
I prefer taking time on makeup so not long at all on hair
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anagalia022
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I have long hair.  After I wash my hair.  I air dry makes my hair healthy. It takes 4 hours to air dry.  Then it takes me 20 minutes to style.

rocky_mtn_mama
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Is that air dry or blowing it dry?  You must have a lot of hair!

Quoting JakesMom712:

About 4 hours. I can do two hours if im really rushing.

littlemascara
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:36 PM

If I let it go in natural waves, I just air dry and add some serum.  Otherwise I straighten and that takes 10-15 minutes.  or I put it up with spin pins

Christy619
by Christy on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:22 PM

I usually air dry and add a little antifrizz stuff. If I blow dry and curl, it takes like 30 mins. 

Twisted_Halo
by Ashley on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:06 PM
I wear my hair hair naturally curly(ethnic). It takes about 49 mins to wash it and a full 24 hours to air dry. After that first day it takes less then 10 to style
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erikays
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:21 AM
About 30 mins.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thingz123
by Cheryl on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Twisted_Halo:

I wear my hair hair naturally curly(ethnic). It takes about 49 mins to wash it and a full 24 hours to air dry. After that first day it takes less then 10 to style

This sounds familiar, LOL. I've been wearing mine naturally curly for the past few months. I wash it while I am showering once every 3 to 4 days-that takes a good 45 minutes, combined with the other shower stuff. It then takes me about 10 minutes to spritz, scrunch and add 2 different styling products into it. From a completely wet state, it takes probably a good 4 hours to dry altogether-not using a blow dryer anymore. On the nonshower days, it takes less than 10 minutes to add spritz, scrunch and add more product, because there is already some residual product in it from the day(s) before.

my4boys2002
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:21 AM
My hair is a lil below my bra strap it takes me about 30 minutes to straighten it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN