Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

I need style advice

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:14 PM
  • 4 Replies
I'm 26 years old and I have two kids, my style hasn't been updated since I was in highschool which was forever ago. I am sick of people asking if I am the girls nanny or if I am 12. Any advice? I'm pretty short, 4'11 and tiny only 94lbs.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
CorpCityGrl
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I get that sometimes.  I'm short at 5'0" and I look young.

I like to keep things simple and clean lines.  I usually wear skinny jeans and boots or flats and a sweater or a t-shirt/tank top with a cardigan.  I make sure that my clothes fit me well and I work with my body shape. 

kaygarcia97
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:19 PM
My everyday look is usually jeans, t-shit and flip-flops. I love easy outfits but I hate looking like a kid when I go out. So frustrating.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

I like to keep things simple and clean lines.  I usually wear skinny jeans and boots or flats and a sweater or a t-shirt/tank top with a cardigan.  I make sure that my clothes fit me well and I work with my body shape. 

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:23 PM

I'm the same way and it's really because of our size.  People just assume small = kid.

If there is nothing wrong with your clothing, then why change it?  I'm 33 and I look young, which is fine by me.  I work full-time in finance and usually people think I'm a student going to school in the mornings. 

Maybe you can do your hair differently (I know shorter hair makes me look older, but I hate it) and/or your make-up differently.  Otherwise, be thankful that people think you are younger and not older.

Quoting kaygarcia97:

My everyday look is usually jeans, t-shit and flip-flops. I love easy outfits but I hate looking like a kid when I go out. So frustrating.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

kaygarcia97
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:25 PM
My hair is short now and I wear my makeup very conservative. Im sure eventually I will appreciate the fact that I look 13 but not today.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN