Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

hair products

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:00 PM
  • 17 Replies

what are your favorite hair products (depending on what you use)?

• shampoo
  • conditioner
  • treatment
  • serum/de-frizzer
  • thermal protection
  • styling products (mousee, creme, pomade, etc)
  • hairspray
  • shine spray
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof3_dll
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Shampoo and Conditioner: Kasia Organics (local salon but they do sell online too, smells so good)

Treatment/Styling/De-frizz/Shine: Coconut oil or Argan oil

my4boys2002
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Tresseme, Aegean oil, rock your hair
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ae86mommy
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:42 PM
I just some green designline shampoo and conditioner. Then the garnier leave in Moroccan oil treatment. In the morning I use designline volume spray on my roots. Once or twice a month I use an oil mask that consists of coconut oil, castor oil, sweet almond oil, and olive oil :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemascara
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:09 AM

I have a zillion hair products, always looking for tha perfect thing.... but the ones I use now most often:

• shampoo Carol's Daughter Monoi
  • conditioner Carol's daughter monoi
  • treatment carol's daughter monoi masque 1x a week
  • serum/de-frizzer paul mitchell wild ginger, aragan oil, carol's daughter split end sealer
  • thermal protection sally hershberger
  • styling products (mousee, creme, pomade, etc) paul mitchell wild ginger mousse for curls
  • hairspray sally herberger major body for curls
  • shine spray carol's daughter Tui oil
littlemascara
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Quoting ae86mommy:

I just some green designline shampoo and conditioner. Then the garnier leave in Moroccan oil treatment. In the morning I use designline volume spray on my roots. Once or twice a month I use an oil mask that consists of coconut oil, castor oil, sweet almond oil, and olive oil :)

do you make your own oil masque, or buy that?  I love doing oil treatments... I wrap my hair up in monoi oil (coconut ol w/ gardenia) and leave it on all day in a hair turban thing.... obviously when I'm not leaving the house!

monoi oil

MONOI TIARE TAHITI (1MTT4)
The ORIGINAL FRAGRANCE since 1942. Scented with the Tahitian Gardenia, or "Tiare" flower. This original MONOI is made by macerating Tiare flowers and extracting the fragrance by soaking in the oil. A dried Tiare flower is placed in each bottle to show that this original MONOI is the only one made using the ancient Polynesian method.

ae86mommy
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:19 AM
I make my own because I like to see exactly what's going on my hair :) that bottle is pretty!

Quoting littlemascara:

Quoting ae86mommy:

do you make your own oil masque, or buy that?  I love doing oil treatments... I wrap my hair up in monoi oil (coconut ol w/ gardenia) and leave it on all day in a hair turban thing.... obviously when I'm not leaving the house!

monoi oil

The ORIGINAL FRAGRANCE since 1942. Scented with the
Tahitian Gardenia, or "Tiare" flower. This original MONOI is made by
macerating Tiare flowers and extracting the fragrance by soaking in the
oil. A dried Tiare flower is placed in each bottle to show that this
original MONOI is the only one made using the ancient Polynesian method.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apr1l
by Katie on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Dr bronners lavender castile or rahua shampoo, no conditioner just smallest amount argan oil
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:06 PM

I use Herbal Essence shampoos and products. 

.Holly.
by Holly on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:19 PM
I love this stuff and always have a bottle on hand. The Vanilla Monoi smells amazing! Their vanilla beans are soaked in the oil as well. I use this for both hair and skin treatments.
Quoting littlemascara:

Quoting ae86mommy:

monoi oil

The ORIGINAL FRAGRANCE since 1942. Scented with the
Tahitian Gardenia, or "Tiare" flower. This original MONOI is made by
macerating Tiare flowers and extracting the fragrance by soaking in the
oil. A dried Tiare flower is placed in each bottle to show that this
original MONOI is the only one made using the ancient Polynesian method.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autiemama516
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:40 PM

I use Suave professionals shampoo conditioner and hairspray. I find it works just as well as pro for about half the price. I also use tresemme mousse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)