Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

what are your favorite hair products (depending on what you use)?

• shampoo
  • conditioner
  • treatment
  • serum/de-frizzer
  • thermal protection
  • styling products (mousee, creme, pomade, etc)
  • hairspray
  • shine spray
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:00 PM
Replies (11-17):
chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:39 PM

• shampoo- JohN Frieda sheer blonde or root awakening
  • conditioner-same as above
  • treatment-hot oil
  • serum/de-frizzer- Biosilk silk therapy, can't do my hair without it!
  • thermal protection-none
  • styling products (mousee, creme, pomade, etc)- Garnier creme balm thing to tame flywayways
  • hairspray - Kenra
  • shine spray- none

littlemascara
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I should send you my vanilla.... I'm not a vanilla fan and accidentally ordered it (and coconut too, uhg!!) instead of the regular monoi.  I have used this stuff for years and LOOOOOOVE it.  The most incredible smell ever, I like it as a perfume oil and I have a tahitian gardenia perfume from guerlain too.... but the oil is the best, especially in the summer.  When my kids were little we'd go to the pool every day.  So I'd get their hair wet and put this in (and mine) before swimming and we never got green hair again! We took 2 beach vacations this summer and I used a whole bottle, I combed it through my hair and used it after sun and my hair was even softer and shinier than before being at the beach.  I like the kind Yves Rocher makes too. 

Quoting .Holly.:

I love this stuff and always have a bottle on hand. The Vanilla Monoi smells amazing! Their vanilla beans are soaked in the oil as well. I use this for both hair and skin treatments.
Quoting littlemascara:

Quoting ae86mommy:

I just some green designline shampoo and conditioner. Then the garnier leave in Moroccan oil treatment. In the morning I use designline volume spray on my roots. Once or twice a month I use an oil mask that consists of coconut oil, castor oil, sweet almond oil, and olive oil :)

do you make your own oil masque, or buy that?  I love doing oil treatments... I wrap my hair up in monoi oil (coconut ol w/ gardenia) and leave it on all day in a hair turban thing.... obviously when I'm not leaving the house!

monoi oil

MONOI TIARE TAHITI (1MTT4)

The ORIGINAL FRAGRANCE since 1942. Scented with the
Tahitian Gardenia, or "Tiare" flower. This original MONOI is made by
macerating Tiare flowers and extracting the fragrance by soaking in the
oil. A dried Tiare flower is placed in each bottle to show that this
original MONOI is the only one made using the ancient Polynesian method.

KDBeckham
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:34 PM

• shampoo - right now I am using a combination of Tresemme for breakage & Bioterra for color treated hair
  • conditioner - I use Bioterra daily & weekly deep conditioner
  • treatment - nothing special except a weekly deep conditioner treatment
  • serum/de-frizzer - don't need this as my hair is super fine & straight
  • thermal protection - Beyond the Zone Smooth Criminal
  • styling products (mousee, creme, pomade, etc) - Prime Style Extender
  • hairspray - Tresemme flexible hold & Bioterra strong hold
  • shine spray - don't need this my hair has enough shine
clari85
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I loooooove carols daughter products. Their manoi and tui lines are great. I use the monoi mask and the tui leave in conditioner faithfully. The only thing I ever bought from them I couldn't stand was the hair milk..it worked well, but the smell was really, really odd.

Quoting littlemascara:

I have a zillion hair products, always looking for tha perfect thing.... but the ones I use now most often:

• shampoo Carol's Daughter Monoi
  • conditioner Carol's daughter monoi
  • treatment carol's daughter monoi masque 1x a week
  • serum/de-frizzer paul mitchell wild ginger, aragan oil, carol's daughter split end sealer
  • thermal protection sally hershberger
  • styling products (mousee, creme, pomade, etc) paul mitchell wild ginger mousse for curls
  • hairspray sally herberger major body for curls
  • shine spray carol's daughter Tui oil

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Twisted_Halo
by Ashley on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:30 PM
I love Wen cleanser and deep treatment. Shea Moisture leave in conditioner and occasionally Mizani creams
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemascara
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Monoi and Tui are what I like best too... I keep thinking about trying hair milk as a deep treatment, but I like the monoi mask. Many of her products smell VERY strong, too strong for me... but monoi and Tui smell wonderful.  I don't use body products from her, but hear good things.  I aso really love that she is a single mom who started a small home business and turned it into a hair empire! I like supporting that.

Quoting clari85:

I loooooove carols daughter products. Their manoi and tui lines are great. I use the monoi mask and the tui leave in conditioner faithfully. The only thing I ever bought from them I couldn't stand was the hair milk..it worked well, but the smell was really, really odd.

Quoting littlemascara:

I have a zillion hair products, always looking for tha perfect thing.... but the ones I use now most often:

• shampoo Carol's Daughter Monoi
  • conditioner Carol's daughter monoi
  • treatment carol's daughter monoi masque 1x a week
  • serum/de-frizzer paul mitchell wild ginger, aragan oil, carol's daughter split end sealer
  • thermal protection sally hershberger
  • styling products (mousee, creme, pomade, etc) paul mitchell wild ginger mousse for curls
  • hairspray sally herberger major body for curls
  • shine spray carol's daughter Tui oil

Chillisarah
by Hippie Bombshell on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:19 PM

• shampoo - V05
  • conditioner - V05
  • treatment - Coconut oil, jojaba oil, hemp oil combo
  • serum/de-frizzer - John Frieda
  • thermal protection - none
  • styling products (mousee, creme, pomade, etc) - gel (dont know the brand, any will do), also Miss Jessie products.
  • hairspray - none but if I had to herbal essence
  • shine spray - Organic Root Stimulator
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)