Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Changing my style

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:43 AM
  • 10 Replies

So I have decided that after I have the baby in January I am going to try to dress different. I am going to try boots, fitted/skinny jeans, fitted thin shirts with tanks under them, long sweaters with leggings. I just need to feel better about myself and am going to try this. Sucks that I can't really get anything now at Christmas because I won't know the size, but as my sister says that is what gift receipts and gift cards are for. When was the last time you changed your style.

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof3_dll
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:49 AM

That's great that you're doing that for yourself :)  I usually always change styles with whatever is in style for the season. 

.Holly.
by Holly on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Same

Quoting momof3_dll:

That's great that you're doing that for yourself :)  I usually always change styles with whatever is in style for the season. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apr1l
by Katie on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:59 AM

same here season, I love fall for that rich heavy textures

blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Ive always just made little changes here and there to keep myself updated.

littlemascara
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:58 PM

I add new things and update stuff, but I have my own personal style, I don't have time to try and stay super trendy

have fun shopping after baby!!

Babujai
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:06 PM

I've been slowly changing my style over the last 7 years.  I had an idea of what I wanted to look like, but wasn't sure how to accomplish it.  5 straight years of "What Not to Wear" and getting over my fear of shopping (trying on clothes) and I finally look better...more confident and put together.

Miss-B
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Quoting momof3_dll:

Chillisarah
by Hippie Bombshell on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Quoting littlemascara:

I add new things and update stuff, but I have my own personal style, I don't have time to try and stay super trendy

same

thingz123
by Cheryl on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Quoting littlemascara:

This sounds like me. I will mix old stuff with new. Actually, I do keep up with trends, it's decompression for me. But I don't adopt trends unless they fit with my body type and can be made to coordinate with stuff I already have.

My style has evolved over the years, definitely. I now have a lot more Boho stuff, some Gothic stuff, some Steampunk stuff, some funky stuff, etc.

I used to have more cutesy stuff in my closet-I taught younger kids for years, and elementary teachers, some of them, anyway, tend to have some cutesy stuff is they are teaching young kids. Don't really have crazy Christmas sweaters anymore, or shirts and sweatshirts w/big, holiday designs on them with 3-D paint. Still celebrate the holidays, but my holiday stuff is smaller in scale now-smaller motifs on sweaters and T's instead of ginormous ones and no more teddy bears dancing across the front, LOL.

In general, I now wear shorter, edgier blazers than I used to. And I layer a lot more, due to crazy temperature fluctuations that go on in my work environment. I have also found that I really love black, gray and things that have the spectrum of white to black on them. I continue to like bright colors, though.

I can now wear skinny pants and feel confident in them, whereas before, I rocked a lot of bootcuts because I felt I was too bottom heavy to fool with skinnies. I may try some tights in the future, too. Still like my bootcuts, flares and wide leg pants, though.

Happy reinventing yourself! It IS a lot of fun.

AgapeLove2U
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:43 PM

I am going through some sort of midlife crises and have changed my style completley, it feels good to change though, lol finding who i am after 30 , i feel more sexier since i am getting older, i thought i would feel worse but i am happier

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN