Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Pic of the Mop That Started It All (Edited W/Different Pic). . . .

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:26 PM
  • 20 Replies
5 moms liked this

Here's a pic of the hair that I had the big pissy fit over, LOL:

I took a better pic that came out clearer, so I swapped out the other one. I think it's easier to see the curls in this picture. Vanity wins again, LOL!

Not the clearest picture on the planet, but you get the general idea. It is both thick and curly and had to be treated horribly in order to be beaten into submission. I have finally learned to respect the beast instead of conquer it, LOL. If others don't respect it or the fact that blow drying it will not only hurt it, but cause it to look deranged, hey, not my problemo. They can choose to look the other way when they can see us coming.

I'm one of the oldest ladies in this group. I can honestly say that the older you get, the less you give a flying crap what other people think, and that's a good thing.

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TTC1n2012
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:07 PM

me personally i would never go out like that..With my hair i wet and throw some vasline or protein gel on the sides to slick it back and do a ponytail.. Blow drying is not bad if you use heat protectant.. it wll help it become stonger its straghteners that KILL hair.. But your hair what ever is easier for you 

thingz123
by Cheryl on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I don't HAVE to wear it this way, I like wearing it this way. I don't need approval of other people to feel good about myself. All of us have different tastes.

Mom2HayTay
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it looks fine. You look like any other professional lady that does her job and goes on with her life You look happy and natural. I love natural hair. Wish mine was naturally curly. I have to roll mine with hot rollers which isn't good for my hair, but i love curls :)

spotsmom
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:02 AM
3 moms liked this

I think you're hair looks great, and I'm with you....I stopped blow drying, too. I was wrecking my hair, and it looked WAAAY worse after blow drying than it does if I let it air dry. With air drying, my hair has become healthy and shiny with soft waves. It's very fine textures, and the blow drying was causing it to break all over. Why on earth would I do that to my hair just because of someone else's arbitrary and silly idea of what "slovenly" is? They can keep on ruining their hair if they want....

blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Nothing wrong with that :)

Quoting thingz123:

I don't HAVE
to wear it this way, I like wearing it this way. I don't need approval
of other people to feel good about myself. All of us have different
tastes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erikays
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I think you look beautiful! Who cares what others think, if you're happy, that's all that matters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3_dll
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Totally agree :)

Quoting erikays:

I think you look beautiful! Who cares what others think, if you're happy, that's all that matters.

RoughEdges
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:39 PM
2 moms liked this

I stopped caring about the opinions of others long ago, somewhere around 8th grade. Lol.

I don't blow dry or straighten my hair anymore unless it's a really special occasion (and even still, 9 times out of 10 I regret touching it because it looked better before. LOL). Hell, I only brush it right before and right after a shower, and I love my hair! I get compliments on it all the time! People are really surprised when they ask how I got it that way, and I just say "It's natural." Lol.

And I like your hair in the pic. It's really cute!!!

DOMTITI
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Love it! Your hair will be much more healthier in its natural state. Any heat, regardless of protectant damages hair. Embrace the curls!

Quoting thingz123:

I don't HAVE
to wear it this way, I like wearing it this way. I don't need approval
of other people to feel good about myself. All of us have different
tastes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DOMTITI
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this
My mother told me that I have always had a "I don't give a damn" gene. Lol I never cared what others think, especially if all we share is oxygen and they don't control my intake;) lol
I Agree with you!

Quoting RoughEdges:

I stopped caring about the opinions of others long ago, somewhere around 8th grade. Lol.

I don't blow dry or straighten my hair anymore unless it's a really special occasion (and even still, 9 times out of 10 I regret touching it because it looked better before. LOL). Hell, I only brush it right before and right after a shower, and I love my hair! I get compliments on it all the time! People are really surprised when they ask how I got it that way, and I just say "It's natural." Lol.

And I like your hair in the pic. It's really cute!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)