Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ideas for my DD wild hair

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:37 AM
  • 7 Replies

DH & I are really struggling on what to do with our DD's hair.  It took forever to just come in, and I guess we should not have had it cut, and now it is in layers.  The shorter layer is fairly ok, but the longer layer is just wild and crazy.  But her hair is finally beyond her sholders.

I am almsot thinking of just having it cut to the shorter layer and let it grow out from there, but is that a huge mistake?

Here is a recent picture.  I can now put her hair in ponytails (really small ones) and she looks cute, but she does not keep them in very long.  Now her hair always looks wild like this.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ae86mommy
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:09 PM
I use coconut oil on my daughters hair after her bath. Only like half a pea size on the ends. I actually didn't use it last night. I'll show you a pic lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ae86mommy
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Well, this is her hair with coconut oil. The one without wont load :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3mom627
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Her hair looks really curly. I would not cut it any shorter because that will only make it curlier. You may want to ask for some layers as that may make it more manageable. You could try the other mom's suggestion for coconut oil, I don't have much experience with that one.

3MOM627

have a nice day

FlyingMommy747
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Quoting 3mom627:

Her hair looks really curly. I would not cut it any shorter because that will only make it curlier. You may want to ask for some layers as that may make it more manageable. You could try the other mom's suggestion for coconut oil, I don't have much experience with that one.

Her hair is wavy, not super curly yet.  It is super fine and the back just looks awful.  I think we are going to make an appointment for her at what is known as the best salon for kids in town.  Hopefully they have some good suggestions.

CafeMom Tickers
Chillisarah
by Hippie Bombshell on Nov. 29, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Your dd is so cute!

Chillisarah
by Hippie Bombshell on Nov. 29, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Maybe try a product called  pillow soft curls and see if that helps.

blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I would cut it short if she wont keep the ponys in. It will grow back if you hate it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)