Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Need help with hair style

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:32 PM
  • 8 Replies

What should I expect from the hair stylist? I walked out with my hair looking the same as when I went in. Boo-ho! That's not good.

I guess a layered cut means having every hair on your head cut the same length? Totally not a hair style!

I told her (politely) that my hair looked the same and ask her to suggest a style. She even'd up her layering and that was that ... it looked the same!

Do you think that most hair stylist knows what an inverted bob is? I searched hair style names and that looked good.   

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Hairazor
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:52 PM

I would say go back and ask for a re-cut but it dosn't sound like she is a very confident stylist. So that might not be a good idea.Ask friends with a good cut who does their hair and I always recommend taking in a picture. Your idea of short or long or inverted bob might be different than your stylists.

momof3_dll
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Inverted bobs have been around for years.  I had it 10yrs ago so they should know what that is.  Sorry to hear the hairstylist you had didn't understand or have the experience to get what you wanted done.  Stylists should be in the know and have the latest training...maybe she was just so new?

DissieDothe
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Thanks for your input. The ladies working in the place that I went to were around 38ish. I think that they are just on the loop - cut ... color ... perm. I'll grab a pic next time I go and comb my hair toward a style that I'd like.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Do you mean a stacked bob?  Yes, most stylists should know what you mean when you ask for that (or inverted).  

Might be time to find a new hairstylist... someone younger and more knowledgeable about the current styles.

Gweneveer
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:55 PM
I can't imagine a hairdresser not knowing what an inverted bob is! Sry you had a bad haircut experience. At least she didn't make a mess of it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:08 PM

I agree with taking in a picture. Also next time go to a different stylist. Shop around til you find one you love.

littlemascara
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:43 PM

inverted bobs have been around since like the 20s.  So, unless she's over 100 years old... I always suggest a pic, and not leaving unless you're satisfied.  I think it's good to already know what you want, not ask the stylist because they really are not mind readers.  Again, taking in a pic and having a good consultation are essential.  Sounds like you need a new stylist who communicates better.

DissieDothe
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:45 PM

We have a beauty college here in town so I might as well talk to them about hair styles. They should be starting new classes in January with the instructors doing show 'n cut. My hair is about shoulder length right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)