Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

after a c-section --Fashion Question!

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:25 PM
  • 14 Replies
The back story;:
I had my baby via C-section on November 6th, ill be 6 weeks pp, Dec 17th, I won't be having a 6 week check up because I had a 3 week check up and Dr gave me the 'Ok' to go back to do what I was doing; she said my scar healed and it looks healthy. Im back to my pre-baby weight but my tummy looks deformed lol (nedda work out)
I have a wedding to go to on the 22nd & I really want to wear heels but idk if its safe yet/:

So my question is, how long did you guys wait? Or how long am I supposed to actually wait?

Any help appreciated! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sophiesmom07
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't remember. Gosh, I felt horrible for weeks after my c-section so I didn't wear heels for a while.  I think it would be o.k, but maybe just give the office a call.  If you do wear them I suggest you take a pair of flats just in case you start feeling any discomfort.

littlemascara
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:48 AM
1 mom liked this

If your DR gave you the OK to resume normal activities, I assume that means heels are OK.  If you feel ike you'll be comfortable, it's probably fine but I agree... take a backup pair of flats just in case you are not comfortable.  I didn;t have a c/sec, but I know I was pretty tired at 6 weeks, and leaving the baby for long was hard because I was BF'ing. 

If you are not sure, there's certainly no harm in calling the DR or nurse and asking.  I know I avoided alcohol, again I was BF'ing. 

And meanwhile, get some Spanx... it takes a while to get your body back to pre-baby, and a c/sec is harder since they had to cut muscle and all.  Spanx will be your new best friend to help you fit into your clothes like you did before as you learn to accept a different post-baby shape.  :)

Congrats on the baby and healthy check up... I have 2 babies and my niece born that week in NOV, so I definitely relate to fitting into holiday clothes so soon after a baby! :)

erikays
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I never wore heels :/

I was doing sit ups at 7 weeks post baby, I've had 3 csections.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Soon2bMami.
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I only felt horrible the first week, I felt pretty normal at week 2 & tnx for the help :)

Quoting sophiesmom07:

I don't remember. Gosh, I felt horrible for weeks after my c-section so I didn't wear heels for a while.  I think it would be o.k, but maybe just give the office a call.  If you do wear them I suggest you take a pair of flats just in case you start feeling any discomfort.

Soon2bMami.
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Im not breastfeeding); & my mom got me a body shaper but I hate it! It makes me look fatter lol

thank you! :) & congrats on your niece ;)

Quoting littlemascara:

If your DR gave you the OK to resume normal activities, I assume that means heels are OK.  If you feel ike you'll be comfortable, it's probably fine but I agree... take a backup pair of flats just in case you are not comfortable.  I didn;t have a c/sec, but I know I was pretty tired at 6 weeks, and leaving the baby for long was hard because I was BF'ing. 

If you are not sure, there's certainly no harm in calling the DR or nurse and asking.  I know I avoided alcohol, again I was BF'ing. 

And meanwhile, get some Spanx... it takes a while to get your body back to pre-baby, and a c/sec is harder since they had to cut muscle and all.  Spanx will be your new best friend to help you fit into your clothes like you did before as you learn to accept a different post-baby shape.  :)

Congrats on the baby and healthy check up... I have 2 babies and my niece born that week in NOV, so I definitely relate to fitting into holiday clothes so soon after a baby! :)

Soon2bMami.
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:03 PM
How did you feel after the sit ups?

Quoting erikays:

erikays
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Little sore, kinda like the "feel the burn" after workout feel. Not bad at all.

Quoting Soon2bMami.:

Quoting erikays:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I think after 6 weeks you should be pretty healed, and I think wearing heels is fine. I had a deformed tummy PP too, I don't know if that was from the C or from being preggo, but I wore control top panties for a few months PP, they give good support and hold everything in place. I felt like they helped me get back into a normal shape. I would try something like that just so you feel secure....

amonkeymom
by Amy on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:29 PM

I hate those body shapers too, but they can help with firming things up a bit (my surgeon had me wear them after my scar revision surgery last fall).

Heels should be fine to wear.

Quoting Soon2bMami.:

Im not breastfeeding); & my mom got me a body shaper but I hate it! It makes me look fatter lol

thank you! :) & congrats on your niece ;)

Quoting littlemascara:

Soon2bMami.
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM
Thank you! I think ill start working out after that week :)

Quoting erikays:

Little sore, kinda like the "feel the burn" after workout feel. Not bad at all.

Quoting Soon2bMami.:

Quoting erikays:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN