Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

beauty as a gift

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:33 AM
  • 15 Replies

Do you like beauty products as gifts?  Either to give or to get?  If someone gave you skin care for anti-aging for example, would you think "hmmm, is that a hint I have wrinkles?" or would you just be excited to get a new product? 

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlemascara
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:39 AM

I like beauty products as gifts.  Usually I choose to give things that I know the person likes or wants, or something that maybe they would not normally buy for themselves (like a luxury brand mascara or lipgloss or something if they normally buy drugstore brands), or a perfume they have said they like or something like that.  I always give my girls stuff, This year I bought some Estee Lauder perfume as a gift for a friend and got a big kit as a bonus buy and divided that up with some extras for my daughters. 

I like getting it as gifts... I'm friends with the people at the Guerlain counter, so DH knows he can ask them what I want and they'll pick colors and products I like.  Otherwise I'm not sure he'd do such a good job, lol.  He and I don't always exchange gifts, more often we pick our own gift and do it that way.  But sometimes he surprises me. 

blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:18 AM
Yeah I would like it! I have given makeup as a gift before.
Chillisarah
by Hippie Bombshell on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this

lol I'd be excited for the product. I love beauty gifts.

my4boys2002
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:56 AM
I'd be happy to get makeup or skincare products.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gweneveer
by Colleen on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:58 AM
I wouldn't take it personal, id love it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sweetmissy_05
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Yes I don't mind them.

Apr1l
by Katie on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Excited
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iknowhair78
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:40 PM

My husband usually gives me a Sephora gift card in my stocking.  Last year I got a nice robe.  This year I asked for a new hair towel.  My niece uses a thing called the holy cow towel that's made of chamois that might be kinda of neat.  I've always used the turbie twist in the past but it's falling apart.  Anyways yes is my answer.  I love beauty products as gifts!

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I love beauty products as a gift.  I'm a product hoard so gifts like that give me an opportunity to try out new stuff.

mstrendygirl
by Irene on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:51 PM

i wouldnt mind beauty products as gifts

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)